4.16.2013

Still Frigid

Remember last winter when I had to wear gloves and earmuffs to survive a freezing run? And I was jealous because all of you southerners were talking about the 80 degree weather?

Oh wait. That was two days ago. My bad.


Winnie is our running pal.
MID-APRIL people. And our highs this weekend hit like 42. But it "felt like" 38 all weekend. UGH. I was excited to put up Drew's winter stuff, but nope. I made someone sport a hat on Sunday while we played outside and said toddler was not too happy about it.



And then, out of nowhere, yesterday it hit like 66 and was actually sunny for a day. I enjoyed an amazing run with no headband, clothing layers or gloves and it was AMAZEBALLS.

Wanna see what I looked like?




And then here we are. This coming Saturday is only supposed to hit 45 again. Sorry Mr. Grill. You just might not be used until May this year.

I mean, seriously?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

For Boston....


40 comments:

  1. oh that sucks!!! That must be soooo hard. Stuck inside with a toddler is soooooo hard. I hope it gets better and soon!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so frustrated with the weather too. Just when you think the cold is behind us, they are calling for a wintry mix later on this week in KC. What the heck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well its nice and warm here-82 to be exact :-) but i agree cold weather suks! Especially with a little one. Don't worry you'll get your warm weather soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weather is Crazy! We hit 90 last week in MD then dropped back down to the 60's. All this week mid 70's and then over the weekend back in the 50's. I just wish it would regulate. It's totally bummin' me out:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaa that video is awesome. I feel that way when it finally warms up, too. And I probably look about that sexy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! In Boston, we don't really have Spring anymore. It goes from snow to beach weather (and I'm still awaiting that beach weather!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha here's hoping you get warm weather soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mother Nature is apparently drunk. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our weather has been ridiculous too! We're supposed to have a play date at the park after school, we'll have to see what Mother Nature says about that....
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing quite like coming out of hiding after a blisteringly cold winter, especially a winter that just won't stop. Of course, I find myself missing the beauty of winter now that I live in an area that has only two seasons: hot and humid, or just hot. Maybe two and a half seasons if I count sometimes needing a jacket as a season.

    I'm Natashya. I saw your comment on my friend Tayler's blog and decided to swing over here to check out yours. Thanks for your post about how to get rid of the word verification thing on comments- I've been trying to do that for a while now.

    Cheers from your new follower!
    Natashya

    thoseweirdheims.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Desiree. Mother Nature must be drunk. We have had teeter totter weather here too. Some days we feel like we need the air conditioner on, then other days, we turn the heat back on. Its crazy. I'll be so glad when it gets warm and stays warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our weather is going from 85 to 45 every few days its insanity and everyone wonders why we are sick all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww sending warm weather vibes your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in Springfield, MO and yesterday it was 85 and today 47!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't get enough of Drew's baller skills...haha I LOVE it! Fingers crossed for sunshine and higher temps :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hear you on this weather. We aren't suppose to see 50 until MAYBE next week and there is even talk about more snow this week here! I am SO over this. I need green grass ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Growing up in Maine, I remember years like this! Hitting April Vacation week and there was still snow on the ground. It was so heart breaking! Now that I live in NC, it seems there is no in between period -- we recently went from 50 degree weather to high 70s and 80s heat. With no warning, and no warm-up/grace period! Hope you guys feel the warmth soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm right there with you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot complain since I'm in FL and we're already in the mid 80's!!! Will be dying for some relief in another month or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry you still have to put up with the frigid temperatures :-( At least your little one can still wear adorable winter hats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel your pain---this weather is bipolar! :-P He looks so cute in his hat though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I totally hear you! The weather has been fickle here too and I can only blame it on the season: Spring. If it's in the thirties, we typically don't venture out. I loooove running too!!! I can't wait for it to be consistently pretty outside. Also, do you know how awesome (or crazy!) I'm going to be pushing a double jogger? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Our weather has been really nice lately but I think we are supposed to get another cold snap this weekend. Old Man Winter just doesn't want to leave this year does he?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look at that wrist! From an ex basketball player, I can say that Drew already has mad form!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh ... I hope the weather perks up for you! That's just stupid! Sending warm sunny weather your way from California!

    By the way ... I nominated you for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award. Details are on my blog today!
    Congratulations!! :)

    http://raising-reagan.com/2013/04/17/a-beautiful-mama/

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I envy the people with super warm weather too. Monterey stays the same all year and I always crave 70 right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sarah, Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my son's first birthday monster bash party! Your comments are too kind:) Your little boy is absolutely adorable and I totally get how you feel about the cold temperatures. Here in Michigan we are nowhere near warm weather either and my toddler is just begging to get outside and play!!! Here's hoping warmer weather is just around the corner for both of us:)

    -Shanna @thewandmakersmother

    ReplyDelete
  28. Totally agree on the cold weather! I'm over it...we just moved to Chicago from Annapolis, MD. I am so not used to this. Your little guy is adorable! Popping over from Natalie's space!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't understand the crazy weather! I live in the south and we are going to have a low of 40 something this week which is NUTS for us. It feels like summer here today. We have it crazy here.

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  30. I do love when the Spring weather starts actually showing up! Your son is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am sooooo frustrated with this up and down, crazy weather!!!

    (btw, thanks so much for stopping by to link up!)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pretty sure you've got a future basketball star on your hands! Hope you get some warm weather (that stays) soon.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm from Mn so the weather has pretty much been the same or worse here! I'm dying for it to get nice out, but looks like more snow/rain for the weekend:( It stinks that Drew still has to wear a hat, but he sure looks cute as ever in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi, I was starting to think no one read my blog. :) I need to update my 40 before 40 list as I'm working on a few more of the items. I did it close to turning 30 and new that I couldn't accomplish 30 things in such a short time, so 40 before 40 it became! Good luck with your list, I'd love to check it out once you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sounds like the weather here in Michigan! (That doesn't happen to be where you are?) I just made it out for my first run yesterday and it felt great. I'm sure I looked like those cows too! LOL!

    Thanks for stopping by and following me! I followed back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the winter hat tt your child is wearing! Too cute. My boy never wears such hats here because it's always so sunny and hot. :(

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my, that hat is too much! And Amazeballs??? Wow, what a great phrase - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your family is very similar to mine - two dogs, a toddler... and bad weather!! Happy to be following:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Aww, that little pouty face is too cute! I’m ready for sunshine! But here in Texas we get into the 110’s+ in the Summer! Scorching!

    ReplyDelete