4.04.2013

Say Cheese!


Drew has been smiling on command for a few months now. The problem, however, is that his 'smile' is this cheesy, squinted eyes (adorable) face where he kinda looks like he's about to start yelling at someone. Or like he's trying to drop a deuce or grinding his teeth in frustration. I'd say this probably happens 90% of the time when snapping pictures and I ask him to "say cheese".

Exhibits A-C


...and D


See what I mean? It's adorable, sure, but I'd give anything to catch smiles like these more....


I guess that's why we call him cheeseball.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Do YOU want something to smile about? Come back tomorrow for my very first giveaway! 
It will be worth your time... promise. 



41 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Asher does this exact thing - SO funny. Roman did it as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his cheese face. It's so adorable and goofy and perfect.

    Taylor has been smiling on command too. She scrunches up her face and makes an "tssssss" noise as she exhales. Again, not the natural smile you've grown to love, but still one that I can't get enough of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his "cheese" smile! Too cute. I've been trying to get Jackson to smile on command, but we're still working on that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious!! Love his smile and his 2 shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha his face is so cute! Such a little cheeser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both my boys have cheesey smiles too, from very early on! Their real smiles are adorable! Grants fake smile makes him look like bugs bunny! Wyatt's fake smile is really cute, for the time being!! Silly boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahaha... omg, I think the faces he makes are way better than a perfectly posed smile! Little ham. That's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha that is hilarious! My Nolan used to scrunch his nose up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reagan went through the same phase ... lasted for about six months or so. Now she is doing better and starting to embrace the camera more. Hang with it ... you'll have an awkward stage for a while.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha...that is exactly what Cooper does...as you have seen on my blog. Drives me crazy sometimes! Can't wait to take part in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cheese face is adorable...
    I am anxiously awaiting the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOOOOOOOO PRECIOUS .. I love that cheese smile. I can almost hear him saying cheese in a couple of those pics.. I love them all !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally relate. Every time I ask Cody to smile, I get such a cheesy grin. I've resorted to trying to capture his natural smile through candid shots because they are so much more like the true him. Cheesy grin or not, though, Drew is one handsome boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is hilarious. I always thought he was making a grrrrr sound when he made that face!!!!

    Either way he is adorable, but I understand your desire for some smiles, because they are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha! Claire is starting to do that too!
    LOVE Stella and Dot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know this to well. Kaylee gave the cutest "real" smile for her school pictures when I try to take her picture now she gives me weird smiles or looks. haha He is cute though

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lorelai does that all the time, too :) And Logan, at 6, still does it on occasion! I love/hate it. It's cute, but then I can't see their eyes well in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh he is so cute - LOVE the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When that cheesy smile is gone, you'll miss it! I think it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh goodness, what a cutie! Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha! That is sooooo funny and cute! Leah does the weirdest things when we ask her to smile too. Usually she shrugs up her shoulders and tilts her head to the side. Gotta love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable; my son has the best cheesy smile where basically his eyes are closed he's smiling so hard; it's his true personality though & I love to catch it on film:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by my blog! We've lived in the Middle East for 3 years now and every day is an adventure. I love all of your travel pictures in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bahaha, I had to laugh at your comment about it looking like he's taking a deuce. Chloe did a "cheese" face in the mirror the other day and I made the comment that I have a feeling pics like these are right around the corner for us. Chloe has one sweet and innocent smile that I just can't seem to capture on camera but oh I wish I could. He does look super cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Goofy smile or not, he's still absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How sweet! He is adorable. I remember when my sister went through that phase. Her on-command smile was basically her showing her teeth!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohh the fake smiles... I know them too well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always tell kids to say something that will make them laugh (sometimes as crude as 'bunny poop!' or lobster or something they aren't expecting. It usually gets the kids to smile for real!

    ReplyDelete
  29. haha he is so cute! Soon enough he will just have one smile, so enjoy the many faces he is making now!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haha! Adorable! My brother had an "on command" smile as a kid too. His pre-k school picture is just the funniest thing ever. He looked like Popeye! My mom still has it on her refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahahaha! I'm loving his "cheese" smile!! They are such characters at this age and have a mind all their own! Ann Elise has started doing these goofy smiles and I've had to start saying, "Give mommy your pretty smile ok?!" and I can usually get 1 good one if I'm fast! lol Drew is absolutely adorable and I'm looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hehe :) What a cutie! He is precious, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh I love the cheeses!!! B and my nephew both went through a big cheese phase around 15 months and then got over it really quickly. Now I sort of miss the cheese faces!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sarah, Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I've added your blog to my bloglovin' feed so I can keep up with you and your family too! Your little boy is adorable! But I totally get what you are saying about the smile....my oldest is the worst. I can never get a real smile out of him for a posed photo....it can get ridiculously annoying especially when we try to get a photo for Christmas cards. I have to start trying for that picture months in a advance.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the real smiles, but the camera smile is cute, too. Never fear - everyone in your and Derek's families look great in pix, so I'm sure Drew will grow out of it. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a ham! He's such a cutie. One of my nephews is the same! He smiles and makes funny faces all the time. What a joy!
    I am a new follower of your blog -- I think it's fantastic!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. His natural smile and his "say cheese!" smile are both super adorable! What precious photos (and memories as well, I bet!).

    ReplyDelete
  38. I seriously just laughed out loud! Hilarious! It's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! And funny! Butttt I understand wanting a real smile!

    ReplyDelete