Dear Little Turkey,
I wanted to write you a note to let you know how much you've changed my life. And no, not in the cliche ways, ie: "for the better" or "I'll never be the same", but in the day-to-day small ways. Sound good? Let's get started.
* Did you know that as much as I love checking social media in the morning, it's seeing your happy face that I jump out of bed for?
* Did you know that I use my lunch breaks now to do laundry or clean the house? Why waste our precious time in the evenings doing household chores? I can always eat at my desk.
* Did you know that I'll make the same weird noise 57,642 times in a row if it means you'll keep laughing?
* Did you know that I go to bed earlier so that I can be there for you if you should need me throughout the night?
* Did you know that I always shorten my morning workouts in order to linger more when I drop you off at school? Oh, you want hug #18? ABSOLUTELY!
* Did you know that I'd rather snuggle and watch Thomas with you than any of my favorite shows?
* Did you know that I can really hurt myself and not cry whereas I see you get hurt and can't contain the tears?
Thank you for being you. Thank you for bear hugs and slobbery kisses and sweet smiles. I can't imagine life without them and look forward to them every second of the day.
Love,
Mommy

So very sweet! I think every mommy would agree!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! He is so big!
ReplyDeleteK love this post! I agree that it is so sweet :)
ReplyDeleteErica Dee
erica-dee.blogspot.com
I*
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how our lives can change for our child. This post made me smile. Thanks for dropping by my blog.
ReplyDeleteLove this! Adorable :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!! Things sure change when a little bit steals our hearts and makes it their own!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAww this is so sweet! What a great post!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYou made me cry!! All of these are SO true!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd as cliche as this sounds, being a mommy is the best job in the entire world, poop/puke/pee and all!!!
This is so, so precious!! He is adorable!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful words to such a beautiful boy!
ReplyDeleteSo, so sweet. You can tell how happy and loved by his mama he is in this photo :)
ReplyDeleteOh my freakin goodness...I am crying! This was so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post!! Drew is so blessed to have such a wonderful mommy.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post. I relate to so much you've said. Thanks for putting it in to words. We have some pretty special little boys that I think would be quite good friends.
ReplyDeleteWell said and so sweet! When I saw "eternal Jayhawk" I had to stop by! We are a houseful of Jayhawk lovers!
ReplyDeleteI think all the mommies out there can relate to this post. We all love our babies and would do anything for them.
ReplyDeleteThat is one cute little guy!
What a sweet letter!!
ReplyDeleteHe is ridiculously cute!
So sweet! I know exactly how you feel. :-) Being a mom is so amazing in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteBeing a Mom is the best job ever!
ReplyDeleteLove this! :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. =) I love this!
ReplyDeleteTOTALLY agree on the make-a-weird-noise-so-you-keep-laughing thing. All. Day. And Mace has those same jammies! So cute.
ReplyDeleteLove this:) I know how you feel being a mommy is awesome!
ReplyDeleteAww! How sweet! Being a Mommy is the BEST!
ReplyDeleteLove all of this!!! Such a good mommy :)
ReplyDeleteaww this is so very sweet!
ReplyDeleteThis is so precious! Your little boy is so lucky to have a mommy like you! :-)
ReplyDeleteAww, mama :) This makes me want to go hug my sweet boy (except that he's in bed) :)
ReplyDeleteSO sweet!!!! And I love the doggy tail, hahah.
ReplyDeleteYou stole this from me! Well, not the 'social media' part cause there was none 32 years ago or the 'morning workout' parts cause I had to get to my job but still....these are words right out of my mouth back then!
ReplyDelete