Great post! I have also never been the independent type, which I blame on always having a twin sister growing up :) But my husband and I moved from Texas to Utah just a few days after returning from our honeymoon, where we knew no one, had no jobs, etc. - it was tough at first, but ended up being a really great experience for us! Definitely made us rely on each other when we may have otherwise relied on friends and family.
Girly, we could be twins sometimes! I'm not an independent person either. I just get plain bored if I'm all alone for long. Jeremy moved me up towards his family when we got married and it took me a long time to adjust and get used to not having my friends and family just a few minutes away. But as time passed and I clinged to time spent with Jeremy I began to realize that I preferred his company all the time to any others.
I can sooooo relate!!! Levi and I have had to rly on just us for going on almost 8 years now! Luckily we have a great supply of friends, one perk of military life, but being away from family is something I still struggle with to this day!! Blogging helps that for sure :-) Love keeping up with yours!!!
Great post! We were in the exact same boat. :) Just gotta keep plugging on, smiling, and enjoying the adventure of our new cities until we're back home!
Great post! I have also never been the independent type, which I blame on always having a twin sister growing up :) But my husband and I moved from Texas to Utah just a few days after returning from our honeymoon, where we knew no one, had no jobs, etc. - it was tough at first, but ended up being a really great experience for us! Definitely made us rely on each other when we may have otherwise relied on friends and family.
ReplyDeleteGirly, we could be twins sometimes! I'm not an independent person either. I just get plain bored if I'm all alone for long. Jeremy moved me up towards his family when we got married and it took me a long time to adjust and get used to not having my friends and family just a few minutes away. But as time passed and I clinged to time spent with Jeremy I began to realize that I preferred his company all the time to any others.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post!! :)
ReplyDeleteI can sooooo relate!!! Levi and I have had to rly on just us for going on almost 8 years now! Luckily we have a great supply of friends, one perk of military life, but being away from family is something I still struggle with to this day!! Blogging helps that for sure :-) Love keeping up with yours!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! We were in the exact same boat. :)
ReplyDeleteJust gotta keep plugging on, smiling, and enjoying the adventure of our new cities until we're back home!
Wonderful, wonderful post!!
ReplyDeleteGreat piece...I can totally relate! It has definitely strenghtened our marriage and step outside our comfort zones, in a good way!
ReplyDeleteThis was a GREAT post! Thank you so much, again, for coming over to my little slice of cyber-space :)
ReplyDelete