4.26.2013

Baby Birds & Blogger Babes


I guess we don't have babies yet, but they are coming! Momma Robin diligently made a nest on our garage's motion light a couple weeks ago and has been perched there every day. She's a smart mother... building a nest where squirrels can't reach and the elements won't really effect her. I like her.


Some of you might remember what happened last year in our front yard? I can't promise I won't try and snap another picture of the babies, but I'll at least catch them when they are much sooner and can't fathom flying. 

For now, I'll leave you with a picture of their gorgeous eggs.


Anyone else have cute little nests around their house? If so, any babies yet?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Moving on....

I've always told you guys how much I appreciate your advice, words of wisdom and thoughts on my posts. Blogging has been a passion for years now and through it, I've made several great friends, some of whom I've met in person and some of whom I can't wait to meet! A local group, the Ohio Blogging Association, has led me to meet some wonderful people as well, a few of whom I met out for dinner and drinks Wednesday night! 

Thanks for the picture Jen!
It was a fun time full of great stories and if you are located in the Cleveland area, you need to check out their blogs! 

(from left to right)
Amanda from Clue into Cleveland
Kimberly from Smitten in Cleveland
Jen from Why CLE?
Julie from Am I There Yet?
Jess from JAM in CLE
And muah!

Have you ever met any bloggers in person?

Cheers to the weekend!

28 comments:

  1. What a precious mama bird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs are beautiful, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty eggs! We have blue bird babies in our blue bird house. I love love love watching the mama and daddy blue bird feed the babies. The best is when the babies finally get big enough to leave the house. They are so cute when they first learn to fly. We also have a mama goose that has laid eggs on the lot next door. She is smart just like your bird because she has laid them on the point so she can watch from all directions. I can't wait for baby geese!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs are beautiful! I've been keeping my eye on three nests in our yard for the past couple of weeks. One's built in the crook of our gutter, too high up for me to see inside but I hear chirping coming from it. I hope to catch a glimpse of those babies learning how to fly soon. Another is a hawk or falcon nest high high up in a tree; no signs of babies yet, though. And the third, my favorite, ended in tragedy. Broke my heart to find the nest had been robbed one night...and the brand new baby bird was gone. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun group! I'm not sure if we have anything like that in KC or not, I bet we do, I just haven't looked into it. No new nests that I know of, we did have babies last year though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying to meet some of my bloggy BFF's in person! I wish I lived closer to them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous eggs... cant wait to see the babies!
    I have met two of my blog friends cause they are local. I need to research and see if Springfield has anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of your nest with eggs! For the first time we have a nest in a small bush next to our front porch. No eggs in it yet, but i'm sure hoping that their will be soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we have a nest too and the mama bird sits on it day and night. I haven't been able to see the eggs though! I wish I could! I hope to see babies soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful eggs!!
    And that is a great pic ladies!! :) It would be awesome to meet my blog friends!!!

    Erica Dee
    erica-dee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those eggs are so pretty! I hope we get a nest near our house so my son can see some baby birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome that you got to do a meet up with some bloggy friends. My one bloggy buddy that lives near me is moving! boo :(
    Those eggs are such a beautiful blue! That's amazing!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous eggs! :-) We have a Portland Bloggers group here and have a meetup every two months. It's been so fun getting to know other women with a passion for blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the baby birds are born soon and you can snap a pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous eggs!! How fun to go out for dinner and drinks with bloggy friends! :*)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog this week :) Have a fabulous weekend ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have several nests around the place but they're so high up that I can't tell if there are eggs or babies there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun night!
    I haven't met any blogging buddies (aside from you!:)), yet. But, I'm meeting up with one this summer. CANNOT WAIT! I think destiny has meant for us to be BFFs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how cute. I bet Drew is super excited to see the baby birdies.

    And what a neat group to be a part of. I would love to find something like that out here in the pacific nw!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for social media friends! I had such a blast on Wednesday. Just the thing to get me over the midweek hump...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am looking forward to getting back to the DC area and networking with bloggers more..there don't seem to be a lot out here unless I want to travel to a bigger city!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, how sweet :) I found a nest in our barn this week, but the eggs had already hatched, and there were 3 sets of glowing eyes staring back at me. They literally squawk and squeal all day, but it's so sweet. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Meeting bloggers in person is so fun. I have been lucky enough to meet a few and have made some great friends from it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just found your cute little blog and I loveeeeee it! Can't wait to spend some time reading up on your posts!
    www.jasonmeandbabyt.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I actually have met some blogging buddies in person! In fact, I met Ashley through her personal blog & together we co-founded New Orleans Moms Blog. And through New Orleans Moms Blog, I've met some great friends who are bloggers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's so cool...and glad you got to meet up with some wonderful bloggers. And yes those are some blue eggs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had a bird's nest on my ceiling fan outside. I didn't turn on the fan until the birdies hatched and finally flew away. My dad said it is good luck and a blessing for your home when birds create their nest in a spot around your home. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. How fun to have a nest right there! I wish we had one near us. I hope you are able to snap a picture of the cute chicks when they hatch.

    ReplyDelete