4.20.2013

Beautiful Mama Award

Thanks to the wonderful and sweet Lanaya over at Raising Reagan for the awesome blog award! I know there are a lot of cheesy blog 'awards' that float around from time to time, but this one is about something I LOVE... being a mother!

This blogging community has given me so many tips, pieces of advice, helpful hints and more on how to be a better mother so I thank YOU! Your words of encouragement and funny stories sometimes make my day and I love the friendships I've built from blogging.

I could nominate EVERY mother blogger out there, but want to nominate a few of my newer favs -

Jessica from Learning As We Go
Gillian from Comes in Colours
Stephanie from This Wonderful Life
Danielle from Lean Green Mama
Crystal at Next To Heaven
What to do:
1. Use the above image in your acceptance post.
2. List 3 things you love most about motherhood.
3. Nominate as many other deserving mamas as you'd like!

Three things that I love most about being a mom:

1. The fun. It's such a cliche to say you can't imagine how fun children are, but it's so true. Having my son has taught me how to just let loose and enjoy the moment while also reminding me that it's the small, spontaneous things in life that matter. Whether it's a dance party in the kitchen, or a crazy drive to chase down a train, life with an infant/baby/toddler has been so fun and for that, I'm grateful.

2. Letting go. With Drew in my life, I've really learned to let go. Let go of drama, let go of people who cause tension and let go of artificial wants. I've learned to let go of expectations and just be in the present, enjoying what life throws at us. Drew has taught me to enjoy the journey instead of focus on the ending!

3. My role. Although difficult sometimes, I love the role of being a teacher, snuggler, singer, healer, storyteller, and more for our son. I love that sometimes he only wants me to hold him and no one else. Only I can kiss his boo boo or put on his jacket and hearing him say the single word of "mommy" brightens my world.


13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that picture of you and Drew! I loved your three things.
    Especially #2 ~ there is so much excess drama already and it's just too tiring to be a part of it!
    Thank you for doing your post beautiful mama!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominating me! I love your #3...my role as August's mom is the best! There are so many days where he just wants his mama and only I can do what he needs - nothing makes me happier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me! I'm very flattered :-) I love the photo of you and Drew, and your 3 things were really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long time follower...first time poster.

    Drew could not have asked for a better Mother and I could have not asked for a better wife. You inspire the both of us in so many ways, and your passion for life is evident every single day. Love, me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Congrats!!! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww- I love this AND you're giving me a few new blogs to check out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also - if that anon comment is Derek, I'm about to get all teary eyed up in here.

    Yeah - he IS romantic in his own way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome!
    And I agree with Shannon... I would say you have a wonderfully romantic hubby on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious!!!! Love that picture of you and Drew. And your 3 things is so sweet!

    Thank you for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great picture of you & Drew!
    I love what you said about letting go! I certainly need to do a better job of that these days! It would probably help alleviate a lot of stress in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was beautiful! As a mom of boys a little older I can say what a wild ride it has been. And especially now that my older one is in high school, hes morphed into a whole other kid. And my yougest, even though he's gonna be 10 this year, I still find myself baby-ing him alot. LOL But what a fun and fullfilling ride too! You have a beautiful family Sarah. And cute blog I must say!

    Shelly- minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that y'all chase trains too. Sometimes I think we are crazy around here. And at 4 James still asks me to "catch a train". Too cute.

    ReplyDelete