This past weekend we spent 48 hours in Detroit with my brother and his girlfriend. We ventured to the zoo, Belle Isle Park and a couple of restaurants and for the most part had great weather. Derek and I also learned a HUGE lesson while there regarding our kiddos sleep habits. Essentially they canNOT sleep when hot and they can NEVER share a room. You see my brother's apartment doesn't have central air. They do have a window unit as well as a pretty nice living room portable AC, but the room we had the kids in got pretty warm. The heat combined with it being a new place for Ady and she was scared combined with the fact that they are light sleepers and wake to any noise (ie: the other one making sounds) made for a rough 2 nights and an exhausted mom and dad. Other than that we had a great time, but I think I'm still behind a few hours in sleep!
Here are a few pics of our short trip. On Friday when we arrived, we grilled out and enjoyed the patio where we watched Drew pick up and play with all the mayflies. Yuck.
Then it was off to the zoo Saturday morning. It's really quite a beautiful zoo with gorgeous landscaping. There's also this beautiful fountain area where I snapped a couple portraits of my brother and his girlfriend.
Then it was on to see all of the animals and feed the giraffe in which I snagged the VERY last ticket to do that. So glad I did though as Drew loved it and chatted all afternoon about how slimy his tongue was!
I adore this progression of my brother and Drew watching a sea lion swim overhead in the tunnel...
Then on Sunday, after an AMAZING breakfast involving red velvet pancakes, we head down to Belle Isle park to see the fountains and mini zoo they had there. (And by "zoo" I mean some reptiles, birds and deer.. it was pretty lame).
And whatttt?!?! Another picture with all 4 of us looking and smiling?! I can't believe we got 2 in one weekend but love this one more since our 4-legged was included!











I live right around the corner from the zoo, it never gets old! The "zoo" on Bell Isle though, nice in theory but a joke :/ Looks like you had a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat is too bad about the sleeping arrangements, but it still looks like a great weekend :) I think Detroit gets a bad rap, because I love it there! Maybe it is because we tend to go there during the auto show - one of my favorite things to do! lol!
ReplyDeleteBesides the whole sleeping deal, sounds pretty nice & I love all the pictures you captured. The pics you took of your brother & his girlfriend look pretty engagement picture-like. Ha! :)
ReplyDeleteMandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/
What a nice trip! Your brother his GF are too cute together! Great family pics!
ReplyDeleteI am seriously jelly of the pics of your family all looking and smiling. That's incredible.
ReplyDeleteWhat is a May fly??
ReplyDeleteAnd the giraffe - SO COOL!!
The last pic of the 4 (5) of you I absolutely adore. It's a framer, for sure!
So fun! I've only been to the airport but it looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteAmazing photos, as always! I wish I had your photog skills!
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures- especially the last one!! That's like the unicorn of family pictures right there. The sleeping situation did not sound good - but glad you had fun overall. :) And ew, mayflies. Yuck!
ReplyDelete