7.31.2015

Ady's Birthday Party Recap


The colorful decorations weren't matchy matchy and not worthy of pinterest pinning.
The delicious drinks weren't served in special cups with cute straws.
And the fun activities didn't cost us a penny.

But it was perfect. Just perfect.

Derek and I didn't do anything for Drew's 1st birthday except have a small celebration while we were in KC. We hadn't made many friends in Cleveland yet and just enjoyed his birthday as a family of 3. But with Ady I knew I wanted to have a get together with our friends and some good food. The MAIN thing I wanted to spend money on was the BEST barbecue from Kansas City; Jack Stack. Derek's parents were driving up for the week and brought the 10 pounds of burnt ends and 2 gallons of cheesy corn bake that we ordered. We then also prepared a couple other food items, ordered cupcakes, loaded up on beer and I made 3 batches of Summer Brew.

Our friends have this awesome water rock wall and slide and that was a HIT with the bigger kids. The babies hung out around the baby pool, water table and sprinkler, but really just enjoyed trying to pull each others bows off.


Then it was time for Ady to dive into her birthday cake. She was dainty and meticulous but absolutely loved it and would have eaten for hours had we let her.



The cupcakes were a much easier idea than cake in my opinion! No slicing and serving, just take and go! And yes, that's my kid first in line for one....


It was a fun time with good food and good company. Just the way I like it!


9 comments:

  1. It looks like a perfect party to me! Nothing over the top but just perfect for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still can't believe she is 1! Such a sweet little party! Happy Birthday again Ady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday! I can't believe it, but Calvin's birthday is only 9 days away. I hope for nice weather for our planned open house for friends and neighbors.. Happy 1st Birthday, little Ady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet girl! What a fun party (and pinterest parties are overrated- we are all about simplicity around here!) Any more news on the potential move this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That water slide thing-y, yes please!
    That icing all over Ady's mouth? Oh my gosh, yes. That's the best.
    What a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun!!! Glad it was a good party!

    ReplyDelete