There are several rites of passages with childhood and often a "personalized haircut" is one you'll see with toddlers. Well last week Drew took full advantage of the 10 minutes I had to put Ady down for a nap to give himself a new do. I left him downstairs to cut with his lefty toddler scissors and some colored paper. As I was exiting Ady's room I was greeted with 'mom, there is a pile of hair by the table'. I was SUPER confused and came down to find this.
Then I looked down and saw this, which then led to me saying "oh no, what did you do?" and him getting upset! (And yes, I grab my camera in a lot of situations... I don't want to just document the sunshine and rainbow days, I want it all!) Don't worry. He stopped crying pretty quickly, especially because I let out a little laugh. I think he got upset more because I gasped when I saw it as I really didn't even reprimand him. We did have a talk about how we can't do that again and scissors aren't for hair, but it was too funny not to snap some pictures.
Derek REALLY wanted to buzz it, but I just couldn't do it. It's shorter now, and you can still see the trimmed areas, but overall it's not too bad. And yes, I still crack up every time I see it.
I'm just glad he didn't chop off his ear in the process!




Aww!! Love that you documented this! It doesn't look too bad! It could have been way worse! :)
ReplyDeleteI think all kids do this at one point or another!
ReplyDeleteHa, that is awesome! We were leaving church a couple of weeks ago when the teachers in Davis's class had to hand another parent a handful of their child's hair because she had cut it in Sunday school while they were doing some craft - I laughed, but only because it wasn't my kid!
ReplyDeleteOh no!! That is too funny! I think it happens to every kid eventually. I'm sure mine will experiment with scissors, too. I do not look forward to that day! I'm not a fan of buzz cuts either.
ReplyDeleteOh, goodness! It's definitely a rite of passage. I never cut my own hair, I cut my brother's. Ha ha!
ReplyDeleteOh Drew! He really took a couple good chunks out!
ReplyDeleteHis new cut looks good, though!
I love this story. And he is a boy, so it's awesome that there is always the buzzed option.
ReplyDeleteI don't worry about Taylor too much because she's adamant that we don't cut her hair because she wants it longer than Rapunzel's...but if Alex got his hands on scissors, I think he'd go for Taylor's hair just because....
I think this is hilarious and I'm so glad your grabbed your camera... I would have done the same!!!
ReplyDelete2 of my 3 have never done this -- lets hope Tate doesn't either! :) Luckily he's a boy and it'll grow out quickly! Just wait til Miss Ady does it! :)
ReplyDeleteOh no!!!! Thank goodness it was an easy fix!
ReplyDeleteNone of my kids have done that. Keeping my fingers crossed because I probably just jinxed myself!
Glad it wasn't anything serious with the scissors. Praying Xavier never gets scissors in his hands. It would most likely be my hair he cuts instead of his own :(
ReplyDelete