Wow was it crazy. We had TONS of events to attend but also wanted to make sure to enjoy some fun activities with the kiddos. Derek and I even managed to slip a movie in while we were back! And while it definitely wasn't a true 'vacation', rather a 'trip', it will still good to see our family and spend time with them.
The first 4 days of the trip were the busiest. The first was the wedding rehearsal for Derek's brother and then rehearsal dinner followed by the wedding the next day.
We did manage to sprinkle in some fun and time with grandparents among the chaos...
Drew was the ring bearer for their wedding and I can't WAIT to see some of the professional pictures. I didn't even take a single picture the day of the wedding as it was too crazy but below are a couple of phone pics. Derek had best man duties all day and Miss Priss wouldn't let anyone else hold her. So basically I had to make sure Drew was where he was needed all day for pictures and such as well as hold a lardo baby for 12 hours as well as add in a couple pumps throughout the day and remember to eat. I was exhausted but the wedding was absolutely beautiful and I'm so excited to have another sister-in-law!
The following day we had a wedding brunch at Derek's parents house to celebrate the newlyweds.
Then on Sunday we had Ady's baptism.
It was great to be back in the church that Derek and I attended with our families since our teenage years, that we were married at and that Drew was baptized at. It was also great to see some of my extended family!
And I'm a sucker for generational pictures...
** Anyone notice that fun, floral dress I'm wearing? It's from eShakti! Have you been to that site yet? They have tons of awesome clothing and it's all customizable to you! I'm 5'10" and generally have a hard time finding dresses that aren't hookerish short. At eShakti you can enter your height and they'll make the dress a couple inches longer! It was on my doorstep SUPER fast and I'd recommend checking them out if you're in need of a dress tailored to your size!
Then it was on to the baptism brunch in which my parent bought Stroud's for everyone!! If you're from KC, you'll know what this restaurant is, and if you're not, then you need to eat it whenever you're near there. It's the best comfort food out there!
I didn't get many pictures, but how adorable is this cake my parents got?
Stay tuned for part 2 later this week!




How lovely
ReplyDeleteLARDO BABY!?!??! Haaaaahahahhaah- I think that term describes both of our girls very well. :) Yall look beautiful at the wedding and baptism!!
ReplyDeleteI totally laughed outloud when you said lardo baby!!! Hahaha Love it! =) She's so cute! Looks like you guys really did have a fab time!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful time, I love the photos and lardo baby haha wow!
ReplyDeleteHow special that both of your kids got to be baptized in your home church! Love that cake!
ReplyDeleteCrazy busy is an understatement! Glad you were able to fit so many special events into your trip back home though.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great trip so far! Can't wait to hear about the rest of it! And I just love the generational pic! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, what a busy couple of days! Dang! I love the dresses you wore, very cute. :)
ReplyDeleteMandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/
What a packed weekend! And a special one - a wedding and a baptism? Awesome! You all looked so great!
ReplyDeleteBusy busy for sure! But what a special time for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely fantastic! What a fun trip!
ReplyDeletePacked time back at home, for sure!
ReplyDeleteLardo baby - LMAO!!! Sweet little lady just wanted her momma. And, you all looked FAB!
Side note: I kind of love that your church has "Our Journey" on the wall.
Holy crap you were busy - but even the cell phone pictures turned out awesome!
ReplyDeleteTotally random, but if Derek's brother and his wife have kids, they are going to be beautiful. Tall red head with pale skin and dark skin dark hair!?? Oh my... <3
It looks like you had a great time!!!
ReplyDelete