2.22.2013

Yogurt Chips


I saw this idea somewhere within the world wide interwebs a long time ago but wanted to make my own version for Drew. He loves sweets, and definitely cold sweets like ice cream. Unfortunately, that sweet tooth can lead to obesity later in life, so I'm always on the lookout for 'sneaky' treats.

The little guy loves these! He thinks it's like little bites of ice cream and that he's getting a really sweet treat. He adores yogurt, but I get tired of plopping spoonfuls on his plate and wanted to find another creative way to serve it. These yogurt chips are quite yummy and perfect for even much younger babies/toddlers as well! They also take NO time and 2 steps!


Ingredients: sandwich baggies and yogurt of your choice. 


Step 1: spoon all of the yogurt into a bag.
Step 2: cut off the tip of the bag and squeeze into dots on a cookie sheet.


Place in the freezer for a few hours and voila... Yogurt Chips!


29 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am going to make these this weekend. B loves yogurt but I get tired of the mess she makes with it...this will help! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea. This just saved me from buying the bag of yogurt chips at $2.19 a pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is such a great idea, I have seen a few people do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've always wanted to try this. do they melt really fast though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They kinda do if you let them sit out for a while. We put them on his plate while he's eating (where it really won't matter if they melt) or just give him a couple as a snack!

      Delete
  6. I am soooooooooo TRYING this ... LOVE this and thanks so much for sharing this with all of us.. Awesome !!!! >............Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Sarah! Especially since Tay is cutting her last toddler molar and wants cold things. I'm doing this this weekend. Thanks, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant!! We'll definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So making this & sharing with mom friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good stuff!! I need to make these for Em. I found a homemade gummy recipe I'd like to try too! Maybe that will be a task for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what an amazing and sweet (but healthy) idea! i love it. i am going to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen that idea too but haven't tried yet. Definitely going to!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius! Thanks for sharing :) I'm sure I'll find someway to mess it up, but now I know what i'll be doing this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome idea and so much better than straight up "sweets". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I make Henry these and he loves them too! (I may eat them from time to time too)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never seen it done this way, so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very good idea! My toddler LOVES yogurt AND sweets so I will be definitely trying this out... as soon as I find room in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely going to try this! We have just moved up to puffs and yogurt bites, so Mace will probably love these!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yogurt is one of the very few things Natalie will eat, so I am definitely trying this! If I weren't so tired/lazy at this moment I would do it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These came out great! I have seen the idea a few times floating around Pinterest and was always intrigued, as both of my kids love yogurt. But I never realized how easy it is! Definitely going to make some -- maybe even today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So trying this and am pinning right now. These look so easy to make, too!! Thanks for sharing :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. such a brilliant idea!! new follower :) thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been meaning to do that for like a year now! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've made these before....SO GOOD!!! I also wanted to say I have a dog named Lacey {only with an e} too! She's a 12 year old akita/shepherd mix, and the most sweetest dog ever. She lives with my parents. Thought that was pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So brilliant!!! My daughter will love these!!! Thanks for the great idea!!

    Alycia @ mitchalycia.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete