2.20.2013

Random Acts Recap #3


I'm still having a BALL doing small acts around the city and really can't explain how good it feels to knock items off my list. I would just urge you to try something small yourself to see what I mean!

Here's what I did within the past few days...

1. Donated some books to our pediatrician's office.
2. Donated gifts to grow points to the 4 charities Pampers supports.
3. Left a $5 target gift card in a shopping basket.
4. Left a $5 bill in an envelope taped to a gas pump.
5. Sent our soldiers a box of needed toiletry items.
6. Sent an expecting mother a surprise Babies R Us registry gift from 'anonymous'.
7. Surprised a blogging friend with a visa gift card.
8. Donated a basket of snacks to the maternity wing nurses where Drew was born.
9. Made and took a couple dozen cookies to a local retirement home.


I only have few items left on the list and can't wait to complete them all!

And just like I always ask...
Have YOU done any random acts this week? 
If so, leave a comment with what you did!


16 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. THIS. for lent I decided instead of giving something up that isn't really that big of a sacrifice in the grand scheme of things, to volunteer & do random acts. I am totally borrowing these ideas! love them!!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love. Scott and I are exploring volunteering opportunities in our community. He's looking at hospitals and nursing homes, I'm checking on the sea animal hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you sent toiletrie items to soldiers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonight I paid for the car behind me at Chick Fil A. The cashier said I was the 3rd person to do that in the last couple days...how great is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great ideas, Sarah!! I will be stealing some of these!! Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these amazing things you are doing! Definately AWESOME!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all these---#6 is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best part of this is that you're loving what you're doing :) Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously so special. I hope you are including Drew in your kind acts! I'm a firm believer in the idea that goodness grows, so those recipients will surely do something good for someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awe these are awesome dear! You are fantastic!
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such an inspiration and you are really marking all of these off of your list fast! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. God is so proud of you . YOUR a good soul sweet girl and SOOOOOOOOO GLAD that God crossed our paths... HUGS and Blessings , Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah
    Thank you for visiting me, I am so happy you found me and I in turn you. This post is amazing! Funny how we think by giving to others we're helping and we are... but in fact the ones who give get the greatest gifts. What a wonderful idea and your list is so creative. Very inspiring. I am looking forward to getting to you know and visiting your space often.

    Have a great day!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this. I did 28 acts for my 28th birthday and am planning on 30 this year for my 30th. Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dad did one just the other day....we were in the check-out lane, at a knickknack store closeout sale, behind a 90-yr-old gentleman who had driven himself to the sale and just discovered that he'd left his wallet at home(i know...scary). Anyway, Dad told the clerk to just add the items to our bill. The man was flabbergasted and thanked Dad profusely.

    ReplyDelete