So Derek's employer rented out this entire area within our Metroparks for some fall fun. They had games, activities, tons of foods, a photo booth and even hayrides! I'd say there was a good 75 people there and we had a blast.
Drew loved playing the cornhole game, which by his rules involved carrying each bag and placing it in the holes. Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of kids there yet when he was playing with this game and had full reign over all pieces.
Check out this little pumpkin we even "painted". And I put that in quotes because I helped the little guy. The labels on the paints didn't say they were washable anywhere and I was worried about him getting it all over his fuzzy vest. I know, I know.... it's ok for boys to get messy. But let's be honest. It's ok for them to get messy, as long as it's dirt, or grass, or anything else that comes out with strong detergent in the washing machine. Not permanent paints!
The hayride was about 20 minutes long and wandered all throughout the woods in the park. It was gorgeous weather and Drew seemed to really enjoy the bumpy trip!
Sorry, not a lot of pictures from this outing as I was having too much fun chasing after the little guy. Well that, and constantly pulling sticks out of his hands so he wouldn't trip and fall holding one. Hope you're enjoying the fall weather wherever you are!




Love this post. What a great picture of you and little man too. Sounds like a great fall day!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh this looks like so much fun! I just love fall and all the fall festivities!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! Derek's employer needs to get in touch with Scott's employer... There are no parks rented out for any fall festivities around these parts.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thing to do for their employees!! I love the picture of you and Drew- so adorable!
ReplyDeleteLove Fall! I am hoping to get some pumpkins this weekend :)
ReplyDeleteand his vest is soooo cute!
How fun! It looks like you all had a great time.
ReplyDeletehow fun!!! having kids is so much more fun during the fall!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day for all the employees and their families! I love his idea of how to play the cornhole game. :)
ReplyDeleteI think he looks like you in that last picture! We've been to a few of the Metroparks when we've visited my mom in Cleveland, and they are so nice. What a great place for a fall outing.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Oh, a hayride - what a perfect way to celebrate the fall!
ReplyDelete