10.19.2012

1.5 Playdates

So I went in to work on Tuesday and got to see so many wonderful faces that I hadn't seen in a while! It made me really miss working in the office and I'm so glad I got to spend a few hours surrounded by the wonderful employees at my company. That being said, I've worked from home for almost 3 years now and there were QUITE a few faces that I didn't recognize, nor had I seen before. It was also pretty quiet since I blast my radio at home throughout the day!

The first of my two playdates this week was Tues evening when I got to see one of my dear friends, Jenny, and her little guy. Carter is just 6 months behind Drew and it's surreal to see how much change there is between 15 months and 21 months of age. But I think it's more surreal that we have these two boys who are over a year old when it feels like we were all just in Cancun together. The warmth, the drinks, the endless sun..... oh wait, this post isn't about pre-children vacations.

So back to reality, Carter is just a hoot and his little way of dancing with his hands in the air is just adorable. Drew had a great time playing in the water table filled with corn, but absolutely loved pushing Carter in the mini wagon as well as enjoying rides himself. These boys will definitely be buds someday!



And then on Thursday night I got to meet little Brady who is the new son of a good friend of mine that I've known since high school. He is the "half" in my 1.5 playdates considering he is under 2 months old and therefore, wasn't really into 'playing' so much with Drew. Drew didn't mind though as he went about his business playing with their yoga ball and exploring the house.

I really had forgotten how wonderfully yummy newborns are with their delicious scent and warm bodies. Brady helped me with my baby fix and I loved holding his tiny body in my arms while stroking his little peach fuzz.


Can't wait to move home and see these two little boys more often!

4 comments:

  1. How fun, what great pics of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe I miss having play dates but my BF and I can never get our schedules in sync!

    My BF's son is 6 months behind my son and it's really is amazing how much of a change there is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! It really is amazing how much happens, development wise, in a few short months:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad we had the chance to see you guys! The boys had so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete