7.29.2011

Wanted: An Extra Large Bumbo

It's not joke when we say that Drew will have larger thighs. It's also not a bad thing. It's just a hereditary factor that he couldn't escape being born into our family. You see, Derek, along with most of our family on his father's side have slightly larger-than-average thighs. I'm not talking "fat", I just mean there is a bit more to that area in general!

A couple months back we realized that his thighs were getting a bit too big for his Bumbo. I chuckle as I see pictures online of 7, 8, even 10 months old still sitting in their bumbo's and my baby outgrew it around 5 months old. To the right is generally what happens when we sit him in it and then pick him up after a bit. Yep.... he is stuck. Actually, the thighs are stuck.

Sure we could spend money on some lubricant in order to squeeze those rolls in the leg holes, but who wants to do that? Sorry Bumbo, we've had a good run, but it's time for your retirement.


2 comments:

  1. I'll take that as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, we used to have to do the SAME THING! But once Sam started crawling like a mad man his legs thinned out and now he fits in it again. Oh-and we have a tray for the Bumbo which makes for a decent traveling around the house highchair.

    ReplyDelete