7.06.2011

Solids

We are on our 4th food item..... green beans! Drew took to them quite well, but he did have some major constipation and tummy pain when he got backed up a bit. So far now we have introduced avocados, bananas, sweet potatoes and green beans. Next up I'm thinking maybe peas?!

Although I'm sure some foods get more time-consuming, I've found it very easy and fast to steam my foods and then puree them using my Cuisinart so far. I've just been freezing remaining portions to use on future nights with a BPA-free, food safe ice cube tray sealed with Press 'n Seal.


I'd like to continue to not purchase any baby food and make my own, but practicality comes into play and I just might not have time to prepare meals every night.


2 comments:

  1. Madelyn loved Peas! I think they were her favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen and Olivia vetoed peas, but it could have been my homemade texture. I loved this tip - as soon as the ice cubes freeze, remove them from the trays and put them in freezer bags. Then you don't have to purchase a million ice cube trays and you can make in bulk! I think you already mentioned it, but we loved the Baby Love cookbook.

    ReplyDelete