Old post: We had our first case of this over the weekend. It started Friday evening and was a bit worse on Saturday when thousands of tiny red dots covered his entire body. And I mean every inch. His toes to his cheeks. Poor boy. We've been keeping him cool and giving him baths constantly as well as letting him sleep in very light clothing and giving him diaper time as much as possible. It was a bit better this morning and we're hopeful it will go away in another day or two!
UPDATE: I took him in this morning and it's not heat rash. The doc was worried about his blood platelets so he went to the lab for a blood prick. She's pretty much confident that it's not heat rash and he received his strep results indicating it was not that as well. We heard back this afternoon and everything with his bloodwork was 100% perfect ruling out any problems there. They said babies can just get rashes sometimes and we need to keep an eye on it. I HATE not knowing what it is, how to treat it and when it will be gone!
Fingers crossed it goes away quickly!![]()
Fingers crossed it goes away quickly!
Oh no Sarah! Good luck to you guys! Hope you get an answer soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got him checked out, and I pray that results come back fast so your sweet little guy can get some relief!
ReplyDeleteSending good thoughts your way. Hopefully you'll have an answer soon!
ReplyDeletePoor boy! I hope he feels better soon and you find out the culprit!
ReplyDeleteAnd on a side note, ROCK CHALK! Fellow Jayhawk blogger (jetsjourney.blogspot.com) linking to you from TAT. I'll be following you - I was thrilled to see another family of Jayhawks.