7.23.2011

Solids Update

We've been on solids for about 5 weeks now and so far he has had avocados, bananas, sweet potatoes, green beans, pears and squash. I think he loved the bananas and pears the most making him a boy after my own heart. I can eat fruit all day every day. Vegetables are ok, but just don't excite me as much. 
 
The plan to continue making his baby food has been 100% successful thus far. Whether it's steaming or baking the item, my food processor then purees it up for me in about 30 seconds. It's been incredibly easy and I even have quite a few 'meals' stored in the fridge for future use! I really enjoy knowing that he is getting 100% that item with no other foreign ingredients.

As we increase solids, however, I'm sure we'll end up in a pinch from time to time needing to utilize canned food, but for now it's going great and I'd recommend it to other moms starting out with solids. What's better than organic, home made food for your little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment