
I have always loved planting. If you have ever seen my parents backyard, you can gather that I get this quality from my mother. Their entire yard is a lush green oasis full of life and color complete with the most vivacious plants and flowers. My annual trip to purchase my flowers each spring is one of my favorite days. I have to go by myself as it involves a lot of thinking, counting and planning in my head.
Wednesday evening was my time.
It was quiet, warm and smelled delicious as I walked each isle carefully taking mental notes of all the possibilities. After a while I had to force myself to head to the register with a cartful before I spent way too much! Once home, Drew was in bed and I had time to myself to plant away. It's the one time that I don't mind digging my bare hands into the moist soil and getting dirty as can be. It's such a joy to see the yard and all of my pots come to life!

My favorite this year? The bright magenta impatients that adorn my front steps.
What do you have planted that you are in love with?
Love! And I am jealous of your green thumb and patience for planting. I absolutely despise worms so I just can't do it! But we did plant some beautiful potted flowers in the back yard over the weekend!
ReplyDelete