I've changed the title of this a lot over the years. In passing, to friends and family, it's been Guacamole Salsa, Feta Guac and Avocado Salsa.
I officially termed it Yummy Guacamole earlier this year and sticking with that.
I officially termed it Yummy Guacamole earlier this year and sticking with that.
(for now)
I've guest posted this on other blogs but realized I've never put it up on my own. It's a fav among friends and family and never fails me at a get-together. And just like the all of my other recipes, it's super easy. Ready for it?
(this makes only a few servings, I always double!)
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, peeled and mashed
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T. parsley
1 T. oregano
1 T. olive oil
1 T. vinegar (or white wine)
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for the feta cheese. Stir gently to mix.
2. Then gently stir in the feta cheese.
3. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
(I'd suggest making the dip the same day that you plan on consuming it in order to lessen the 'browning' of the avocados Also, did you know that if you leave the pit in, it will turn brown less quickly? Fun fact.)
Enjoy!



I LOVE guacamole! I could eat it everyday. I will have to give your recipe a try!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the fun fact! I never knew that!
ReplyDeleteKatie
godslittlegrace.blogspot.com
Delish!! If there is one thing could make guac better it would definitely be cheese.
ReplyDeleteThis looks delightful!
ReplyDeleteI am definitely going to try this!
Hadn't thought of adding feta. We are huge guac fans!
ReplyDeleteSounds delicious! I've used goat cheese in my guac, but Matthew likes feta better, so I'll have to give this a try.
ReplyDeletemy husband's slowly turning me into a guac fan. i love the idea of feta cheese in your recipe! we'll have to try it, thanks for the recipe!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. We lov making our own guacomole and this recipe is completely different from ours! It looks so yummy and I will definitely be giving it a try! Thank you so much for linking it up with us!
ReplyDeleteps. I love your blog!
Stopping by from the blog hop! This looks delicious! I love finding new delicious recipes to try out on the husband, and we were actually planning to have chips and guac tonight- may jst have to try this out! Newest follower via GFC :)
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Chelsea
http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com
I've never thought of trying Guacamole this way. Will have to add it to my list to try. As a Texas girl I figure myself a connoisseur of Guacamole
ReplyDelete