Sometimes I think he can hear my alarm go off, but sometimes I think he's just so in tune with me that he wakes when I do. There's no crying, no whining, nothing. The only sound I hear is a gentle "hi, mommy" over and over because he knows I'm just down the hall in the bathroom and can hear him. He patiently waits for me to come and give him his hug and kiss before opening the blinds and curtains so that we can watch the kids walking to school.
We point out birds and squirrels, count how many children we see, pick out colors and squeal in delight when a school bus passes by. Then he grabs an animal as I gently lift him up while nibbling his cheeks even more. We talk about how we slept and what we dreamed about while I get him changed for the day. There's no rushing, no squirming, nothing but a happy routine. He knows he gets to go to school and that mommy will be back at the end of the day to pick him up. Once shoes are on, he takes his animal back and tosses him in the crib after a hug and kiss, followed by saying 'night night' to all of the others. Sometimes I even hear him say things like "Drew go to school, you stay here and go sweep" to them. Adorable, right?
I love our morning rituals.


Aww, how sweet! :-)
ReplyDeleteAh! I love hearing about other mommy's days!
ReplyDeleteAw this is too sweet!
ReplyDeletesoooooo sweet!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Mornings are the best.
ReplyDeletethat is so sweet
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. It captures the innocence of a child. So sweet.
ReplyDeleteSO, SO sweet! I love this. There is something so magical about waking up with a toddler. I wish I could bottle it up and save it for a bad morning later in life. They are always so happy to see you and so excited, it's a beautiful thing!
ReplyDeleteThis.is.precious. You stay here and go to sweep!
ReplyDeleteAww that is so cute! I miss not seeing my sweet girl's face every morning. I do click on the monitor to get a quick peak before I leave, but it's not the same. I think that's why I'm always so anxious to be the one to get her up on the weekends.
ReplyDeleteThat is the sweetest thing...and the sweetest moments you just shared with us. I wish they could be little forever!
ReplyDeleteSO SWEET :')
ReplyDeleteThis is too precious. Thanks for sharing this glimpse into your life. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, this is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteThis just melts my heart! I can't wait for mornings like this!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Love morning time with my babies!
ReplyDeleteOh wow this is adorable. Can I come over and be part of that morning routine? lol
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! Your morning ritual sounds like a relaxing way to start the day. The best is say goodbye to his animals. I also talk about dreams with my 5 year old.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! I wish we had a peaceful morning routine. But I am looking forward to summer and just getting to talk with my kiddos over breakfast!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! What a good idea to blog these kind of things to always remember them.
ReplyDeleteToo cute! I am enjoying Hayes being sweet in the mornings, because I am sure I will have to pull them from my memory banks when he is in high school! haha
ReplyDeletein the mornings everton roars to let me know he's awake.
ReplyDelete