The first couple of days were spent doing graduation activities in which I'll have to post pictures later. Derek's brother took most of them with his awesome camera and therefore I have to wait to get those files before I can show them off to you.
We really didn't do much while in Kansas City other than spend time with both sides of the family and, as always, make our usual stop to Deanne Rose Farmstead to pet goats.
Kansas City Pictures:
In Vegas we saw La Reve, shopped a bit, visited the Secret Garden at the Mirage, had drinks and ate wonderful food at a multitude of bars/casinos and didn't lose too much playing Black Jack. Spending time at the pool sipping on bloody's or fruity drinks and soaking up the sun was definitely the best part for me. I can't wait to go back and stay at the new Cosmopolitan though someday... it was just gorgeous inside!
Vegas Pictures:
We do miss our friends and family already but it's definitely nice being home and back into the routine. I just wish we had the AWESOME weather that Vegas has up here in Ohio. My hair stayed fresh all night and I enjoyed not sweating my arse off in the 92 degree weather or having to worry about how greasy my face got. Send some of that dry-stuff my way, will you Vegas ladies?!





Looks like you had a great time! Welcome Back!
ReplyDeleteYay I see you went to the Secret Garden at the Mirage! :) Love the dolphins there.
ReplyDeletewe always feed the goats at deanna rose, they are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE La Reve! I'd see it every time we went to Vegas if I could. On your next trip, if you haven't already, you need to see "O." It's like La Reve, but on a little bit larger scale.
ReplyDeletePlease tell me you made at least one trip to Okie Joe's while you were home!!
I miss KC. I won't be able to visit this summer and I am pretty bummed about it.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great trip! I love Vegas.
aw, looks like such a wonderful time!!! you guys really are pros....can't believe you mastered the part about staying in the car so long with a toddler and a dog :)
ReplyDeleteYou have such a good attitude about that car drive! Also, you look great!
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Meredith
Drew always looks so happy :) Glad you had a nice trip and got to spend time with the fam! BTW what app do you use for your photo collages? They always look so pretty & put together!!!
ReplyDeleteI was about to say the same thing as the previous commenter...Drew looks like such a happy kid! And I loved Vegas...when I went many years ago. Looks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteVegas looks like so much fun! I have never been there. KC on the other hand, we are familiar. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo many awesome pics from your vacation! I do love me some Vegas. I was pregnant with Tay last time I went, so I'll have to go back once Little Man is out so I can partay like I'm 25 again! (Who am I kidding? I'll still be in bed by 10pm!)
ReplyDeleteLooks like an amazing
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoyed your trip. 13 hours is quite a trip, glad the little guy is a good traveller!
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky to have a great little traveler! Our kids get antsy in the car after just a couple of hours -- so every time my husband suggests the possibility of driving back to my homestate [Maine] I roll my eyes. The kids and I trapped inside a moving vehicle?! ::shudders::
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful trip! That's awesome that your little man does so well! :-)
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are awesome! I'm so excited for all of the weekend trips that summer has to bring, you are just making me that much more excited.
ReplyDeleteLove it all and you have one beautiful family . Thanks for taking us along in your journey .. Feel like were all a sweet blogging family .. YOU get attached to people and pray for them and want them blessed. YOUR fam is beautiful . Have a blessed weekend .. hugs
ReplyDeleteSo sorry I haven't been able to comment, I've been reading from my phone and for some reason it won't let me comment! Your vacation looks like it was so much fun- I would love to get back to Vegas- such fun!! Now you just need to plan a little weekend trip to Pittsburgh!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! I went out to Vegas a couple years ago while my best friend and her husband were stationed out there. It was my first time to visit, and I can't wait to go back!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an amazing trip! That's awesome that Drew is such a good traveler. I can't imagine doing something like that with Rosen. She can barely make it through a 2-hour car trip.
ReplyDelete