... making $8.75 at your lemonade stand was the highlight of the summer?
... you fell asleep on a late night car ride home and your father carried you all the way up to bed?
... you built sandcastles at the beach for hours until your fingers were shriveled?
... you caught lightning bugs and kept them in a jar to light up your room at night?
... you drove to visit grandparents and listened to their magical, endless stories?
... watching fireworks on a big blanket surrounded by cousins?
... the summer rains would flood the grounds and those puddles kept your attention for hours?
... slip and slides were what you looked forward to every Friday?
... you played red rover with the neighborhood kids until the sun went down?
... a red licorice rope at the pool's concession stand was $.25?
... you tried to count all of the stars with your brother while on a camping trip?
... the sound of the ice cream truck put the biggest smile on your face?
Remember when summers were spent in the sprinkler?




What great summer memories! I love these photos!
ReplyDeleteSummer is such an amazing season. No other season has the memory-making abilities like summer.
ReplyDeleteDrew and his little swim trunks are just the cutest.
YES, I totally remember those things!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this post and trip down memory lane!
<3 <3 The kicking picture is the best. You can tell he is in pure heaven!
ReplyDeleteLove this post!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! Thanks for taking me back for a minute!! :)
ReplyDeleteMaegan
lovethemama.blogspot.com
This is post is amazing, Sarah! :)
ReplyDeleteHow how simple things were and we didn't even know it! Cute blog :)
ReplyDeleteI've been telling my husband we need to go buy a sprinkler for Carter for the backyard. I think it would keep him entertained for HOURS. Drew looks so excited in these pictures! And yes, I remember when most foods at the concession stands at pool and baseball games were less than $1. Oh how times have changed!
ReplyDeleteI saw my first lightning bugs when I was 24 haha.. I love this post though, makes me miss being a kid!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah! I thought I would hop over here and check out your blog :) You, too, have a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely post and it brings back so many memories of things I used to do as a child, with one or two exceptions. Your lemonade stand made more money than mine. My licorice was 5 cents. And we played hide and seek until our parents called us in from the dark. The sprinkler was so much fun (Drew looks like he is enjoying it).
I was just telling my husband the other night, when we were walking the dogs, that it seems like there aren't as many fireflies as I remember as a child.
I never caught lighening bugs. I believe I was in 5th grade when I saw them consciously for the first time, and it was magical. Thank you for sharing those memories :-)
ReplyDeleteSeriously got so nostalgic reading this! I love how you always bring us adults back to appreciating the simple joys that you're now able to witness with your son! Well done!!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteSweet post and great memories.
-Angie
I miss memories like that!
ReplyDeleteThe last pic is so adorable! how long does it take for the water to get in his mouth.
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember setting up a lemonade stand one summer with my friend and we made a whopping 25 cents. NO ONE stopped except her dad. It was awful.
We always loved playing in the sprinkler as kids. It was so much fun. Looks like Drew loved it too.
ReplyDeleteWe always loved playing in the sprinkler as kids. It was so much fun. Looks like Drew loved it too.
ReplyDeleteI loved summer time as a kid. It felt like it lasted forever.I cannot wait to do those same things with Aubrey as she grows up!
ReplyDeleteWhat I wouldn't give to be a kid again {most days} !! Around our area, it seems the ice cream truck is a lost art! So sad -- as I was hoping to introduce our kids to it this year! Bummer!
ReplyDeleteYes!!! The lightning bugs especially! We don't have them in Utah (what!?) but I went home to visit DC last week and B got to see his first lightning bugs. He was totally unimpressed but it made me feel sooo nostalgic and excited for his summer ahead.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a lightning bug! Someday.... someday!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! I'm so glad I have a baby now. It's going to be so fun to watch her grow and love all the things that I loved as a child! It will definitely help me appreciate the simple life again!
yeah I remember....great photos-love dee x
ReplyDeleteOh yes!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!~
That is a list of all my favorite things to this day...maybe a little vodka in the lemonade but nonetheless the same.
ReplyDeleteThese are adorable shots! Sprinklers are so much fun, my kids love them!!
ReplyDelete