3.02.2013

"Husky"

So as much as I hate putting these pictures out there, it had to be done. This is for all the non-believers from this post who didn't think Derek or I could have ever been of larger size. I am posting these as evidence that we were, in fact, "husky" (Derek's term) at various times in our life. These walk the line of pure embarrassment, not actually having anything due to the weight factor, but for the sweet outfits, hairdo's and glasses.


So you didn't think Derek or I was ever "husky"?

Let's get on with this.


Interesting fact: met near our highest weights and fell in love despite our size. {insert life lesson here about size not mattering here}. We graduated college and moved to Jacksonville where we remained at our highest (a combined 65 lbs more than we are now!) for a year. 

Need more pics?


So there you go. Proof for all the naysayers out there!

Now, let's just all be thankful that those HUGE glasses went out of style.


21 comments:

  1. You are so brave to post those early photos. Well you look awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't is amazing how we can change throughout the years? Good for you both for getting so healthy together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... Your early photo's put my current photo's to shame. ;) Except for the glasses... bahahaha! TOTALLY kidding! You're super cute. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I haven't figured out how to respond to comments yet. lol! I like your blog so much I have decided to follow you. ;) Congratulations. bahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much your hair changed from 12 to 13 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to lock my "younger" pictures in a vault somewhere - ha ha! You are certainly much braver than I. I had huge glasses and really dark brown hair, too. It's amazing what contacts and hair dye can do! You're gorgeous, Sarah.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Husky or not, you guys are beautiful people!

    You both look really good now, but I'm just glad you're happier with your appearance and living healthier. How did you guys lose so much weight, btw? I assume you don't have some secret miracle weight loss solution and just did it through hard work and eating right and that is an awesome accomplishment! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys look amazingly ridiculous in those younger pics - I love it! You are both amazing inspirations. Thanks for sharing and proving that hard work pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Husky? That aint' husky ;) I'll show you husky! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still don't buy it. You weren't "husky" or any other word! You were growing into your beautiful self. :)
    As long as I've known you the two of you have always looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrew is going to love these pictures one day. Thanks for the sweet thoughts on my blog.
    Connie*

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is not proof. you were not husky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I were like that, too...we are in better shape now that when we met and married. Congrats to you two for figuring it out! I lost weight nine years ago and have kept it off, even through two pregnancies. And I admire others who do as well!! Some have a hard road. You both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job at living a healthy lifestyle. Such an inspiration! Two thumbs up, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gah, I just love that you two fell in love when at your "huskiest" (pffft). That just proves that love sees beyond physical appearance.

    Andy & I were both very fit when we first met. Now...well, we are looking more husky than we'd like to admit. My goal is to remain active during this pregnancy and then get back to really counting calories after I'm done breastfeeding. No more excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys look so great! Ryan & I are definitely in our "husky" stage right now. Ryan has gained weight right along with me on this pregnancy. He has already started to lose the weight and I'm excited to join him once this little girl arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pictures, everyone looks so happy! Lovely blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. All I have to say is: those glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha so not Husky! Maybe comparatively to now. But compared to me ever you are tiny! You guys are super cute! Don't worry about Drew being husky, everyone around puberty has an awkward stage. Some of us just take longer to out grow it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dad in those white bermuda shorts cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete