Is it a mother thing? To absolutely adore any little thing your child does? I can't STAND when my dogs smack their lips when their dry mouth sets in, but I could listen to this little guy smack his yogurt all day long. Watching him eat sometimes makes my day and I could watch him carefully scrape each last bit of cheese for hours. Tiny little tasks take so much thought and effort in a toddlers world, and to me, it's simply adorable.

On top of smacking and snacking, I am purely in love with this face in general. From the way he holds his mouth during a cheesy smile to the silly expressions that come out of nowhere, it is perfect to me. I realize over time it will become less 'baby-ish' and more like a 'boy', so for now my mental camera is filling up with shots. I have really studied his face this week, and I mean really. Laying on the floor while he plays with his trains, I have studied the tiny hairs that line his cheeks but are almost too fine for visibility. After a bit of snuggling while reading, I have come to realize that his eyebrows have the faintest hint of red in them. Might have been the light, but so do his daddy's. Reddish or not, they are perfect. And so is everything about his face. It's perfect.
At least to me.


He is so adorable!!! :) I love all the pictures.
ReplyDeletePerfect parents. Perfect boy.
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute.
ReplyDeletei mean, look at him! how could you not be in awe with everything he does!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable, I really like the one in the middle, is that a determined face or what???!!!
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing watching how they grow more independent each passing day! Watching my kiddo go from me feeding him to him being able to get things out of the fridge on his own it's just crazy.
Your boy is adorable. And I know the feeling; every day I find something new and amazing that I love about Leland. Motherhood is the most precious gift ever.
ReplyDeleteAaaah.... SO SWEET! I can't wait to experience this with my own baby girl!! Only 6 more weeks (give or take 1 or 2) until I get to meet her! I can imagine how wrapped we will be and how we'll think EVERYTHING she does is just amazing and adorable :)
ReplyDeleteJust love this post!!!! It's so true. I relate SO MUCH. If I were to update my facebook status every time Taylor did something that just blew me away, I'd have no friends left.
ReplyDeleteBeing a mom is the best.
Such a cutie!thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!
ReplyDeleteYes, love my Louie. I didn't post about it, but it is my 'push gift', I just got it early!
What a perfect 'push' gift!!!
DeleteToddlerhood really is adorable. Love this age! Even with all the drama.... :)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how we change when we have babies and kids! These are adorable picture.. my son LIVED in Gap sweatpant outfits when he was a baby. They are so cute, comfy and come in every color!
ReplyDeleteI am totally with you on this one. I just stare in awe at my two. I can't get over their perfection....it literally brings me to tears at least daily! Glad I'm not the only mommy like that:).
ReplyDelete