He loved seeing Santa on stage and dancing while Derek and I sang with the band. He only wanted to be up on daddy's shoulders for the best view, but got a little worried throughout the fireworks. Derek and I talked him down from tears about 7 times during the show telling him how fun and pretty fireworks are. By the end he was perfectly fine and even asked for "mo fire-worts"! I felt a bit proud of myself for not just coddling him during the show, rather teach him why he didn't need to be scared.
I'll leave you with some dark pictures (since I hate flash) of the little man all bundled up watching the show!
Hope you have a great start to your Thanksgiving week!! My brother and his girlfriend fly in today and then my parents fly in tomorrow. I think I'm going to take a couple days off blogging to enjoy their company! Hoe you have a great week!!


great pictures! I hate flash too!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great holiday!
So cute. "Mo fire-worts". I die....
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah! That looks like a really fun night. We have been having warmer weather than usual for festive holiday things where I live in northern Minnesota too...kind of nice but I hope we have snow for Christmas this year! Enjoy your family and have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!!
ReplyDeleteI was just gonna ask if you guys were gonna make it up here for Thanksgiving and to see the Plaza lighting, but then I read your last sentence. Have you been to Christmas in the Sky at Longview Lake before? That is a tradition of ours and I'm curious to see what Chloe thinks of the fireworks this year. Have a wonderful holiday!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO sad as we have only missed like TWO plaza lightings my entire life. That's my fav thing to do this time of year. And no, I've never done the Longview Lake thing.... might have to try that sometime! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!
Deleteyou have a lovely family darling! Thank you for your sweet comment and i love your blog title too :)
ReplyDelete-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr
Hey Sarah,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Chasing Hailey....your blog and family are tooooo cute! Hope you guys have a great holiday.
Anissa