11.26.2012

Crock Pot Baked Apples


So I saw this somewhere online and cannot recall at ALL where I originally spotted it! Nonetheless, I wanted to pass along this easy recipe for you to try during this Holiday season!


Ingredients
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 Gala or Macintosh apples, cored
1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
2 tablespoons orange liquor (optional)

Instructions
1.      In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, walnuts, margarine or butter, and cinnamon.
2.      Fill the apples with the filling and place them in the crock-pot. Pour in the apple juice or cider and the liquor, if using.
3.      Set the crock-pot on high heat and preset it for 2.5 hours. Cover and check after 2 hours to see if the apples are soft and begin to collapse. Stop cooking if they are showing signs of splitting.



Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. wow those sound so good... so easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... this sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made those for work one day a few months back and boy did they smell good! I don't know what I was expecting, but they kind of turned into applesauce. Were your apples pretty mushy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing. I love baked apples! I especially love them with raisins. I totally need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try making a baked apple, especially since I love them so much! Glad you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that these are made in a crockpot. Makes it seem easier to manage. Will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this on Ducks 'n a Row link up. I am always up for a good crockpot recipe. I bought a lot of apples this week so I think I might have to give this a try!
    www.mamagetsitdone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete