As much as I have enjoyed a few sunny and warm days the past couple of weeks, there are still day where the high is only going to be in the 50s (next week) and it makes me cringe. It's MID May mother nature. You need to wake up and get to more global warming up around these parts. Momma needs some color on her pasty arms!
Anyway, we have done several spring-ish things as a family lately but I can't wait for more. I NEED more. I need to not be putting coats on each morning, or have to cover Ady's rolls in pants. I NEED to feel the sun on my face more and hang out at the park with the kiddos!
On Sunday we went on our first family bike ride before my six (whew!) spring mini sessions I had that evening. My parents bought us our trailer for Christmas one year and you can see a few pictures of the first time Drew rode in it here. I think it's adorable seeing Ady now wearing the same Pooh helmet Drew used. And speaking of Ady, she did great! I'm sure having her big brother next to her helped ease any worries, but she didn't make a peep the entire time. I was also impressed by Drew as I assumed her constant leaning on and touching him would drive him crazy but he barely complained.
{Side Note: Please wear helmets! I realize they aren't 'cool' looking but I knew a boy growing up who died from not wearing one so they do save lives. It's our job to be role models for our kids so Derek and I not only wear ours for safety, but to also show our kids that they are a part of biking!}
Happy Spring!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
So adorable! I'm surprised that Ady keeps that helmet on so well, that's awesome! Also, I love that black and white photo...
ReplyDeleteThey look so cute going for a bike ride! I love it. :)
ReplyDeleteThe bike trailer looks awesome! We may have to invest in one of those soon. :)
ReplyDeleteAs for the helmets - YES!! We make Marcus wear his every.single.time he's on his tricycle/bike/scooter. I can't imagine him riding those things without one!
Happy Mother's Day
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on the weather! I kind of hate Newport and am so happy to be moving in a month! Bring on the HOT weather and sun!! My mom was kind of making fun of me while she was here because of how white I am... She has literally never seen me this white in my entire life... I have always had a t an or "base tan" due to growing up in Florida... haha! Needless to say I got my first sunburn the other day because it was warm enough in our backyard to lay out! haha! Also, couldn't agree more about the helmets... With my husband being a cyclist he is a HUGE advocate on bike safety (really ALL safety for that matter), but he has 100% stopped people in the middle of the road to yell at them about not wearing helmets... haha...
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, they look adorable! I'm ready for the rain to stop and the sun to come out again.
ReplyDeleteI am so with you on the weather! It's been cool and cloudy these last few days and I just want consistent above-60 degree temps! We just bought a trailer in the last few weeks and I LOVE it! So does my daughter - the first time she rode in it, she cried when she had to get out :)
ReplyDelete