3.30.2014

Week/Weekend Recap

{Warning: tons of pictures!}

Instead of chatting about everything else we did with my parents in town last week, I figured just a visual post would be more fun. 

During their stay, we enjoyed some indoor fun...


Derek surprised me with tickets to see one of our faves, Ron Pope, at Christmas. It worked out perfectly with free babysitters, but it would have been nice to enjoy a real beer and not stand for 2.5 hours.... (and bonus points if you know who that is! It seems most people don't and we've listened to him for years!)


Drew practiced basketball with Gramma almost every evening...


He also sat in the dentist chair by himself for the first time and was a champ thanks to having grandparents there...


We enjoyed some Chuck E. Cheese time...
(And for the record, I beat my father three times at skeeball)
 We yelled at the snow flurries daily that kept us inside during their stay...


Drew took plenty of good naps. Those grandparents sure are tiring...


 And we all enjoyed ice cream on our last night before they left town...


Thanks again for coming to visit Gramma and Poppa!! See you in a few months!


17 comments:

  1. looks like a really fun visit! yay for ice cream for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had loads of fun with the g-parents.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun visit! That chocolate face is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. It looks like everyone loved having them visit! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a mini roller coaster at the top? I've seen similar things, what the heck...where were those when I was a kid? How fun. Grandparents ARE exhausting haha! Anything that ends with ice cream...is a good ending to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness! I love Ron Pope! I'm so jealous... also, looks like a fun week/end :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing better than when grandparents come to town.
    Is Drew in a big boy bed now?!!
    And, tips for taking a toddler to the dentist are welcome. We're in desperate need of a dental visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!! What a lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love all of these. I'm sorry, but I do not know who Rone Pope is. :(

    Also, next time we meet up, Drew needs to teach Tay how to play skee-ball. Alex will teach Deuce how to sit up or crawl or something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great week! Grandparents are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVED seeing you 3 & 2/3 (counting the sonogram) and playing/reading/snuggling/singing/joking/storytelling/eating out/etc etc with Drewdle! signed, 2 happy and exhausted grandparents. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun photos! Soooo lucky to have family come visit. Free babysitting is the best -- especially when it's grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's very evident from the photos that Drew and his grandparents absolutely adore each other. It's so cute to see them playing together :-) I'm glad you guys had such a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grandparents are the best at wearing out the littles!

    Yay for being a big boy and sitting in the dentist chair by himself! My boys LOVE the dentist (who's kids are they??). Makes that twice a year task so much easier! Now lets hope the trend continues with Tate! :)

    Great blog! I'm excited to be following and getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete