3.28.2014

One Thousand

This is officially my 1000th post.

Really, it's not a huge thing to celebrate, other than the fact that you don't really do things 1000+ times in life. Pee?
Check FB or IG?
Kiss your husband and kids?
Sure, but other than those and possibly a few more things, doing something 1,000 times is a LOT.

When I started this blog, blogger was just a baby. The templates were plain, options were limited to what you could do and pictures were hard to format nicely. It's changed so much over the past 6 years and I can't imagine what else will change within this crazy world in the next 6! But the one thing that I'm most proud of is what hasn't changed. I set out to create an online journal for my family that I would update 2-4 times a week and to this day that's still what this space is for. I don't sell ads, I don't sell sponsorship space and I don't accept any money for reviews/giveaways. To each their own, but when my children read this blog one day, I want it to be just a journal of our lives and nothing more!

So cheers to the next 1,000 posts and thanks to all of readers for being on this journey with me! Your words, thoughts and jokes are what make my day and I appreciate the love!




22 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to 1000!! That is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Happy 1000th post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1000! Keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad I found your blog. Love reading about your cute little family! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I couldn't agree more about your blogging philosophy. I blog for my family and that's it. I love your style, don't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Sarah! I love that you have stayed true to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! And I love your outlook on blogging. You have blogged consistently and happily just being yourself and I think that's better then having 2k followers (not that 600 +is anything to sneeze at either).

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats what a fun milestone! I love how you've kept true to who you want to be as a blogger. That can be hard with all the things that change in the blogging world. kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I love this! I, too, blog for myself and my family...it's my scrapbook, my diary, and my journal and I can't wait until my kiddos can look back on it years from now! No sponsors, no ads, no income, and no giveaways from me either! Maybe this is why I was instantly attracted to your blog. Thanks for keeping it real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome! I just checked mine and I'm at 1079, but I"m quite sure 79 of those are just pictures of my cats when I first started blogging, so I'm going to say I'm at 1000 toooooo! Congrats blog friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!! You made me want to check how many posts I've done -- I'm only halfway to 1,000 so I still have a while before I get to celebrate that milestone. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a huge deal to do something 1000 times! Or to stick with something for this many years. I started my blog as a way to journal my life and I intend to keep it that way for as long as I am comfortable sharing my story on the internet. I used to write in a journal but blogging is much more fun! Happy 1000!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo, Happy 1,000! You earned a comma!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY happy 1000th post! Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some reason I'm caught up on the fact that you've kept a blog for 6 years than the fact that you've posted 1,000 times! I hope I'm still blogging in 6 years! Oh and of course congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! I just looked at your sidebar... you have been blogging since 2008! That's a long time!

    I think I'm around 600 posts after 4 years but I've been cleaning up my archives and deleting some so I know it's more than that. Not 1,000 though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so exciting! I love that you have been blogging for so long and that you have a true vision for your blog. I have always enjoyed keeping up with you here! xo

    ReplyDelete