3.18.2013

St. Patty's Day Recap

Derek's parents, sister and her boyfriend (who's conveniently named Patrick) arrived late Friday night and we're so excited to have them in town for a week!

St. Patrick's day morning began with green pancakes for all, followed by finishing touches on my guacamole salsa and green rice krispie treats that we were taking to our party later that day.


(guac recipe to come sometime soon....)


And then the real fun began. Friends of our hosted a St. Patrick's Day party in their downtown loft where we would drink way to much, eat delicious food and then walk down to the parade. Drew was happily at home with his grandparents and we were excited to have some 'adult' fun with friends sans a toddler around.

And how do I feel today? Like S-H-I-T. Ohmygod my tolerance is so bad, and it didn't help that my friend Caitlin kept handing out shots. We had an absolute blast despite the weather being a freezing 31 degrees and am I'm now in love with corned beef, thousand island dressing and swiss cheese together. Ever tried that combo? SO good. But I'm mostly thankful for having amazing in-laws who completely took care of Drew while I passed out at 7pm and slept for 13 hours.



So what did I learn yesterday?

1. I can't handle alcohol anymore.
2. People CAN go for 20 hours without food if they are drinking.
3. I have the BEST in-laws ever. Free babysitters AND chauffeurs. Love them.
4. I can't handle alcohol anymore.
5. St. Patty's day parades are the best for people watching.
6. It's so nice to go out with friends and party it up, but I sure did miss my little man. 
7. I'm never drinking again in my life.


Hope you had a great St. Patty's Day also!



26 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun weekend! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds fun!!!!! "Adult" time is so important!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahaha - sorry you are feeling it today.

    I used to looooove St. Patty's day. Obviously this year I couldn't drink b/c of the bean, but I know that I'd be on the floor napping after three drinks. I couldn't even imagine doing shots.

    Shots make me an angry drunk. Angry at my clothes. (cue naked shannon bahahaha).

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Yay for awesome family support. Boo for terrible tolerance (I'm right there with ya' sister)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love your list at the end, but sorry you aren't feeling so hot. That's awesome that your family was able to stay with Drew while you got some adult time celebrating St. Pat's. It was cold and rainy here too. Have fun with the family all week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, girl, I can relate. I haven't drank since Halloween.. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Glad you had some fun sans toddler :) Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fabulous weekend and the guacamole looks amazing. It's one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha! Why is it that it's always SO FUN while you're drinking but the next day is NOT so fun... AT ALL?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA! So glad that you had fun but sorry you feel terrible today. I know the feeling. My birthday is St. Patrick's Day so I have ALWAYS partied it up big time. I have said "I am never drinking again" way too many March 18th's. Yay for great in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too funny! Hangovers are made so much worse when you have to take care of a toddler. Thank god for doting grandparents! Your green food looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. all those green treats...so fun!!!! happy st patrick's day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So funny. Glad you had a good time but I'm right there with ya when it comes to drinking these days. I used to handle it so well but not anymore. I get tipsy with one beer! Geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy recovering! It looks like you had an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha Ha- You sound like me. I swear I'm too old to drink. The next day my body literally feels like it's falling apart. It's bad!

    Glad you all got a little adult time. Hope your feeling better by now. Oh and those Green Rice Krispies were too cute. I'm so doing that for my kids next year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, St. Patty's Day in CLE will do that to ya! Glad you were able to get out and about and experience the downtown festivities. BTW those green pancakes and rice krispies are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your St. Paddy's Day food. Isn't it funny how your tolerance changes and how you don't remember that it did? And by funny, I mean awful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great recap! We went out for St Patty's Day too (my inlaws kept our kids) and it felt so good to get out for some grown folk time. The recovery is a bitch tho. I couldn't even post yesterday bc I was so hungover so I applaud you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks so fun! And now I really want rice krispie treats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds fun! I have to laugh because since having kids my tolerance is zero too!! After 2 drinks I just want to go to sleep haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks like so much fun, dying from the list ha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah! I love guac!! Looks like you had an amazing day!! Thanks for visiting my blog today! I definitely need to check yours out...so far I'm lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sarah - as soon as I saw all the traveling you and your hubby have done, I knew I would like it here. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to follow along your journey. Will definitely look around for Jamaica and Costa Rica pictures, I need inspiration :).

    ReplyDelete
  25. HAHAHA!!!! Priceless!! We made green waffles and I made green shamrock Rice Krispies too!!! (Were we soul blog friends?!?!) looks and sounds like it was a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete