I wasn't the biggest fan of the mall Easter bunny the year Drew was born, but last year we luckily found an awesome venue, Pancakes with the Easter Bunny, for his 2nd year seeing the Easter bunny. It was casual, slow-paced and so easy that we vowed to return every year.
My hopes were set way too high.
Yesterday was our breakfast with Drew and it was, just like my worst fears, a nightmare. We eased into the room and found our places at our table pointing to the bunny and showing Drew how harmless he was. And then we figured we'd try to get our pictures done before pancakes hit our table. Easy, right? Um.... no. Screaming quickly ensued. We weren't even within 5 feet of the bunny when the tears started flowing and "no, no, no" could be heard a mile away. I had to even take him out of the room to calm him down it was so bad.
This is the best picture we got for Easter this year. Out of focus, not even on the bunny's lap and a sad, sad face on Drew.
Awesome.
Thankfully, the pancakes quickly helped him relax and we had a decent time with our friends who also have a toddler, Charlotte. She and Drew enjoyed stealing all of the eggs with candy and running around with their balloons. Isn't she a doll?
![]() |
| Photo credit: Virginia |
At least we got a good family picture, right? Ugh.


Awww, at least he was smiling ear to ear in his picture with mom and dad!!
ReplyDeleteI won't even attempt it!!
ReplyDeleteAwe poor guy!!! I'm not a big Easter bunny fan and of course B loves him!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute family pictures! I've been slack. We haven't seen the Easter Bunny this year or years past. I have a feeling our visit would go the same way!
ReplyDeleteAww. We had the same experience this weekend with Jackson. He was so scared of the Easter bunny. :-( Hoping for a better picture next year as well.
ReplyDeleteAfter Aubrey freaked out over Santa, there is no way I am attempting the Easter Bunny! We'd get the same reaction. Very cute family photo though!
ReplyDeleteAww poor thing. Love the family pictures though.
ReplyDeleteawwww...still cute though!
ReplyDeleteI think I might try taking the girls to the mall bunny this week. Last year we went to a breakfast with the bunny type thing but it's outdoors and it's so cold (and snowy) here this year that we decided to pass. Surprisingly though my girls both loved Santa this year and happily sat on his lap, so we'll see if the Easter bunny goes as well or not lol
Oh dear!! You're definitely not the only one though, this would happen to us FOR SURE!! It always seems that my worst fears come true especially when I have high expectations! At least you got some adorable pictures, you guys are the cutest family :)
ReplyDeletexo
Aw, well at least there is always next year! We had a bad year with Santa, but luckily the next year went great!
ReplyDeleteBless your heart. It's so disappointing when we envision things going one way with our children and then they change it all up on us. My son does it ALL the time. I'll call my Mom in tears and she says "Honey, I hate it for you more than for him. He's not the one missing out and being disappointed, you are". She's so right but still it is terribly heartbreaking. This year my son is 2 and I'm not even going to attempt the bunny. I know he's going to HATE it so I'm not even bothering putting myself or him through it LOL
ReplyDeleteHe's still adorable!! Love his shirt. We didn't even try to get pictures with the Easter Bunny this year. I guess I was just assuming she'd hate it.
ReplyDeleteLove that Easter picture - these are the things wedding montages are made of :) Looks like the day turned out to be a success at least - who doesn't love pancakes? :)
ReplyDeleteI think the family picture was worth it all! Super cute!
ReplyDeleteAwww, it looks like he had a great time AWAY from the Easter Bunny.
ReplyDeleteI feel bad. I've never taken my 19 month old to see the bunny. All the mall ones look really creepy with teeny-tiny heads!
We had the same reaction with Presley and Santa for the past 2 years so we haven't even attempted the Easter Bunny. Doesn't hurt to try but at least you "Kind of" got a picture! :) Maybe next year!
ReplyDeleteAgh ... Reagan hates the Easter bunny and Santa Claus. I knew this year it wasn't going to happen as far as pictures were concerned so I just blew them off. Next year she'll be 3 1/2 so I figure that's when the pics will get good.
ReplyDelete¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com
Poor Drew! His little face just says it all.
ReplyDeleteWill be a pretty funny pic to look back on I think! The difference between Drew's face and that Easter Bunny's HUGE grin.....is just hilarious! We will be skipping the EB I think!!
ReplyDeleteYour family pic turned out perfect!!
Awwww hahaha! I had a group of mom friends taking their little ones to the mall Easter bunny today and when I told Leah about it she said "NOOOO!", so needless to say we didn't even attempt going. Looks like a fun pancake breakfast besides the bunny incident. :)
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and thanks for being a reader!! I remember those days with my son (now 33)...the Easter bunny, Santa and fireworks. None of those were good things at around two years old. Have a wonderful Easter!
ReplyDeleteaww poor Drew, but I would chalk it up to the age,& at least you got a really good family picture :)
ReplyDeleteAww, super cute pics! I think all kids are afraid of the Easter Bunny and Santa at that age. My daughter wouldn't let me get NEAR the Santa at the mall last year so I didn't even try, lol.
ReplyDeletePoor baby, I won't even bother taking my son to see the Easter bunny this year. The family picture looks beautiful so at least that is a win :). Plus he is definitely much happier and all smiles in the pictures with you and your hubby.
ReplyDelete