A friend sent me this recipe for a tiny Cake in a Mug that you bake in your oven and I have been dying to try it! I was so excited for the perfect little one-serving portion of a chocolate cake that I could whip up in 5 minutes some drizzly, cold evening.
So earlier this week I decided to test it out. With thoughts of indulging in this throughout the winter from time to time, I measured out all ingredients and started the 3 minutes in the microwave. After letting it cool for a few minutes and salivating from how good it looked, I settled down on the couch and dug in.
YUCK.
It was simply disgusting. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I used diet hot chocolate mix that's extremely low in calories or some other reason but it just wasn't that good. It was very chewy and wasn't even that "chocolaty". Needless to say, I moped around after the results and ended up just drizzling some chocolate over banana pieces in order to get the fix that I had been craving.
Does anyone have any success with another single-serving cake in a mug type recipe? If so, I'd LOVE to have it!


No comments:
Post a Comment