8.31.2020

1st Grade



As we enter the 3rd week of 1st Grade this little one is rocking the school year already. She's gotten so many solid grades and her first spelling test she got 100%! We are in a unique situation being able to see how she's doing by sending her the grade up than we had originally planned granted it's private vs public. The ratio is only 10:1 as opposed to roughly 20:1. She LOVES her teacher and loves going to school. The other day I thought she was playing with toys but ended up bringing me a piece of paper with quite a few sentences she wrote. This girl has NEVER gone off to write sentences on her own and even when prompted still would have daddy or I sound out words with her. I literally had tears in my eyes I was so proud of her. So yes, will we waiver back and forth about if we should hold her or not every day? Probably. But in the end it's still just an age and longevity issue for us. Do we want her so young compared to classmates? Can she handle college classes younger than everyone else? Will she be pushed so hard that she will lose her love of school? Should we hold her back and build her confidence a bit? For now we are still leaning towards repeating 1st in the public school next year but only time will tell. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment