8.14.2018

Sleep


You know that saying 'sleep is for the birds'? I'm guessing it started from someone else who has a child who won't sleep. Goodness having 2 kids who slept well (like 10-12 hours straight by this age) and then now Will is TOUGH! The kiddo has given us only a handful of nights where he only woke once in a 10 hour stretch but lately it's been every 2-3 hours all night long and it SUUUCKS! We also are still struggling big time with the 45 minute sleep cycle transition and the kid just can't self soothe. The fact that he hates a pacifier and doesn't take his thumb just makes going to sleep that much harder. 
We actually spoke with a sleep trainer a couple weeks ago and did a modified cry it out method for his age and MAN did that backfire. He just wasn't ready and we're still paying for it. It worked wonders for our other 2 at 6 months so we plan to try again then. The nights just suck overall but then during the day I generally get several 30-45 minute naps and he doesn't stay asleep longer than 5, 10, 15ish minutes after I lay him down. Soooo basically I get NOTHING done. We've tried the Magic Merlin's Baby Sleepsuit and are back to the Zipadee-Zip now. He's in his crib but we sometimes still do the rock n play. Kid just likes being held, period!








1 comment: