5.03.2018
Adjusting
Most people told us that going from 2 to 3 was easier than 1 to 2. I'm on the fence right now but it's only because we have a colicky baby. Now, the term colic varies and I'm not 100% sure if we should call it that but the ped did so we'll go with that. Overall he takes wonderful naps during the day and goes to sleep pretty well at night. Just wish we could get more than a 4 hours stretch from him but at least I'm only waking up 2 times at night to nurse.
It's just when he's awake that he's not a happy guy. He pretty much cries the entire time he's awake and it's very frustrating. We've now seen the ped, a chiropractor, are doing probiotics and I've cut dairy. I honestly think it's gastrointestinal related as you can hear his stomach at all times. Either way it makes life MUCH more stressful for us as he can't just happily lay on a play mat like his brother and sister did. He needs to be held. Also, the kid doesn't love pacifiers like our other 2. We can get one in but it takes a couple minutes of working it in.
Lastly, my hormones have been REALLY off this time around. I've cried way more than the other 2 and had some really rough days last week. Family is officially gone and the meals from friends who spoiled us for the first month end this Sunday with our last one. I'm nervous about day to day life with 3 kids but am counting down the weeks until the colic seems to get better. It makes me SO sad that he's in pain or upset over something and I can't figure it out. He's an ADORABLE little man who has started trying to smile and I love him to pieces.
Here are some shots from times when he's not screaming...
He always has that left fist balled up by his head when he's crying...
And the smotherer of all smotherers smothers again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









I appreciate how real you are!!! It's refreshing.
ReplyDelete