One of the BEST things I did when we moved to DC was to join the local MRTT chapter. It stands for Moms Run This Town and is a national organization with chapters all over the country. It's full of joggers and runners fast and slow and is an awesome group of girls. Our local one has over 2,000 people and I've made a few friends through it.
Last weekend they had the Halloween Fun Run where the little ones ran a 1/4th mile run and the big kids went either a 1/2 mile or a full mile.

My little bunny was up first with her 1/4th mile run and when the gun went off this is what she did.
If you noticed the girl in red above, that's what we thought she WOULD do.
But nope. Cried the entire run.
Why? NO clue. Thank god for an older kid who had a BLAST!
I guess we know who will be a runner with mommy someday! :)





I love this! I'm so glad you are having your kiddos be active! It's so important. :)
ReplyDeleteMy youngest did the same thing a few times. Now that she is almost 4 she loves running races.
ReplyDelete