2.05.2014

Scrub a Dub

Why is it that bath time is always a happy time? Except for the first few weeks of life, Drew has always enjoyed baths. Even if he's in the worst of moods, it never fails that plopping him in some warm water will turn it around.


It's also just relaxing for me. I basically sit there and watch my son enjoy playing with his $1 bin toys, but the best part? He's confined to a 2 foot by 5 foot(ish) area meaning I don't have to chase him around or wonder what he's up to in the next room. It's my time to sit in a warm, snugly bathroom while watching my little guy make faces and crack himself up.



Kissably clean cheeks, soft tushes and wrinkled fingers. {swoon}

21 comments:

  1. I am 100% right there with you! It is by far Charli's favorite time of day and I love sitting there just watching her! And there is definitely nothing butter then prunie fingers and toes and clean soft tushes!!! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that spiking hair!! When do we get to see a mohawk?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of bath time for that reason, too! I love the photos of Drew looking at himself in the mirror. His expressions are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! Emma always wants me to sing to her after bath time. It's such a sweet, fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! That top right picture looks exactly like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh he looks like such a big kid in these pictures!! And I love the double bath with both kids for the same reasons you mentioned - I can sit back and relax a little bit while they both play in a confined area. It will be even more relaxing I think once Drake is out of the infant tub and I'm more comfortable with him holding himself up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And crazy hair! Love it! I am dying (I mean, SERIOUSLY) to have a bathtub again. Five years is too long, our boy boy doesn't even know what he's missing out on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pics are just priceless. He will treasure all of these when he is a grown man raising his children. He is blessed to have such an awesome mamma…. HUGS and have a blessed rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bath time is the best! I love watching the kids play together. Drew has such a cute little personality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok that last picture is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, bath time is a great time for all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the many faces of Mr. Drew!! Bath time is a joyous occasion here too x two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds *just* like us! It's my favorite time of the day.
    Drew is such a handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, I completely relate to this post! Even when Xavier is sick, bath time seems to instantly make both of us feel better :) I love watching the faces he makes, and the pure enjoyment he gets when the water is running or he splashes around a bit! Too much fun! And yes, keeping them a bit contained is always relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squeal! These pictures are just too cute. My little one is still not quite a fan of bathtime (probably because no matter how long I run the heater it's still pretty cold in there!) but I'm hoping she'll come around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love bath time too. The best way to end the day.

    Also, Drew looks WAY too grown up on those last two pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He has the sweetest smile, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute!! We love bath time here too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. His future wife will love you for having these photos!

    ReplyDelete