12.19.2013
Drew's First School Program
There's a reason why I still have Drew's baby picture over on the right side of the blog. I'm terrified of him growing up and I hold onto that picture as a reminder that no matter how old he is, he's still my baby.
Well my baby had his first program at school last night and you can bet your butt I was the mom holding up the 18 recording/picture taking devices all at the same time while holding back tears and waving with the biggest smile on my face. In fact, I almost broke down in full nasty cry when I read the notice outside his classroom last month and envisioned him standing on a stage singing songs. Isn't that for like kindergartners or grade school kids? Surely not little soon-to-be 3 year olds.
And although my fears of him fleeing the stage the second he locked eyes with me or Derek didn't come to fruition, my insides were bursting with pride exactly like I knew they would. His class only sang two songs by themselves, but then sang two more with all other students. It's a hard pill to swallow when you realize this is the first time where I will watch my baby in an organized group get up and do something he's been practicing all by himself. For decades to come there will be plenty of times performing on a stage or playing in a sporting game, but I will never forget his first.
Luckily, since he was in the youngest group, he got to be in the front!
They made little red noses for the Rudolph song....
Then all classes stood up and sang two songs....
And of course, the best part was the punch and cookies after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He's just too cute! Looks like he did a great job!
ReplyDeleteHow adorable! They grow up way too fast, don't they?
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh too cute!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, this is so sweet, it's making *me* get teary eyed. I can only imagine all the feelings that you were experiencing.
ReplyDeleteAnd, what a dapper little man you have.
Thats the sweetest!!! I cant wait for things like this. And i would totally be that mom too. (Sorry i've been mia, i need to step up my game and get back to commenting!)
ReplyDeleteAaaah! That seems crazy! I think Taylor's daycare class does programs starting next year.
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable. And sweet. And cute. And many other good adjectives for little boys.
oh my! that is so precious! As much as I love my older baby/toddler I think I will melt when she has an activity like this! way too grown up! :)
ReplyDeleteAww! This brought tears to my eyes as I realized that my Andrew isn't too far behind yours. If I'm already tearing up at the thought of his first preschool performance, I can't even imagine how emotional I'm going to be at the real thing! Our babies are now little boys!! Sigh... But your Drew sure was cute standing up in the front like a big boy--I know you are a very proud mama!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness gracious... I'm holding back tears just reading this and looking at those sweet pictures! How amazing you are, and so lucky to have the cutest little nugget! I'm sure he kicked butt!! Way to go Drew! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and a very Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAwww he's so cute!!! Looks like he did a great job, too.
ReplyDeleteThis is too cute, I would have done the exact same thing!!!! :) Love your blog!
ReplyDeletewordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com
This is the most adorable thing!!!
ReplyDeleteHow adorable! Wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteToo cute! I don't blame you at all for getting all emotional, I would have done the same. :)
ReplyDeleteAwww...so sweet! My kids haven't had any school programs yet, but I'm sure I'll be holding back tears when they do!
ReplyDeleteOh how adorable! They do seem to grow too fast!
ReplyDelete