![]() |
| Breakfast with the munchkin this past weekend. |
For me, this time of year has always been a frustration in the calorie department. Whether its leftover goodies from Holiday parties, yummy morsels sent from clients or treats from Drew's school, some type of food is always hanging around just begging for my attention. The struggle seems to start at Thanksgiving and not end until New Years Day. And although I am pretty good about getting to the gym 5 days a week, it's the weekends and time with friends and family that catch up to me. I'm not good at watching my food intake when we're staying in Kansas City and I can't resist those 400 calorie martini's when we're at Holiday parties! ... oh and egg nog? One CUP is over 300 calories. But I digress.
My goal this year has not been to be a more conscious eater (although I'm trying), but to follow my BFF's lead. She has done a lot of soul-searching this year and 'let go' of frustrations and anxiety-ridden thoughts in her life. With her change as my example, I'm trying not to dwell so much on my calorie intake this Holiday season. Who cares if I put on 5 pounds during this time. Sure the pants are a bit tighter, but I doubt anyone actually can tell. And if this is the only time of year that I love to enjoy egg nog or get a chance to eat my father's fudge so be it. I refuse to let a few stupid elbee's hold me back. And heck, I'll just run them off at the gym come January anyway!
So cheers to that 2nd helping of dessert, or the 5th calorie-filled drink in one evening. My new found "I-don't-give-a-crap-attitude" should be adopted by all until 1/1. Who cares if we have to loosen our belt a notch or two, it's the Holidays. And, most of us will be wearing bulky sweaters or comfy leggings anyway, am I right?!


It's so hard this time of year, but I'm trying to do the same thing. Also, I've been trying to get out for a little walking or running but it's SO COLD! : )
ReplyDeleteOh I am way ahead of you on this one...already embracing all of it, haha. Just hoping normalcy returns in January!
ReplyDeleteAMEN AMEN AMEN!!
ReplyDeleteIf it weren't for the stomach bug that I JUST shook, I would have been up about 5lbs. Good thing it's big sweater season! :)
So true!!!!!! Enjoy!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I just had this conversation with a friend, I am not going to sweat the small things this holiday season. I had my first glass of eggnog tonight (spiked, of course!)and enjoyed every sip :)
ReplyDeleteAlso I tried to email you back but it bounced back... but thanks for the sweet comment! It totally made my day. I made them myself and am inordinately proud over such a simple project :)
Umm you are officially my new best friend :)
ReplyDeletei am sooo glad to hear this as your dad and i have waiting for you...my homemade holiday banana bread, your dad's fudge, and 2 batches of our bourbon slush! and that's just so far... hehehe!
ReplyDeleteUgh I know it! I am expecting my first baby in April which makes me think it's fiiiiiine to eat all sorts of treats this season. I am dreading my next weigh in!
ReplyDeleteI'm in! Ha! But I'm on board with the "I Don't Give a Crap" attitude until the beginning of February. With both of my girls I have let the baby weight slide until I've been able to nurse for a year so as not to effect milk supply. Here's to Holiday Calories!
ReplyDeleteamen girl! i'm feelin that way right now. i know i won't be getting all these goodies till pretty next Christmas. so why not enjoy them now? and i'm pretty sure that's what jillian michaels said!
ReplyDeleteAmen, sister!
ReplyDeleteOf course, nursing two kids, one of whom has me pacing around the house for half the day, definitely gives me an advantage in this area... lol
Love it ~ Enjoy those calories and don't think twice about it!
ReplyDeleteSo excuse me while I go eat that KitKat that's staring at me ~ it's 10am!! Yikes!
Lanaya
www.raising-reagan.com
I'm with you on that! I always say that I work out just so I can eat whatever I want. The eggnog shake at McDonald's? So good, but OMG, the calories!!!
ReplyDeleteUm, WHAAAAA???? I wasn't aware they had an eggnog shake. Great, I'll need to edit this post to 10 lbs and not just 5.
DeleteI like this! Sounds like a plan to me. :) I feel like I've been gaining 3-4 pounds a week lately when I should only be gaining 1 pound!! Oh well, hopefully after the holiday season I'll be back on track with the weight gain. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI applaud you, and am honored. It's a long road to "not-give-a-carp" but it's such a great one! Enjoy the holidays with your family and try to focus on the time with them. Oh, and send me some fudge. That is my FAVORITE sweet treat. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so right! My family and I are spending the holidays back home with all of my family, so I know I'll put on those 5 pounds. But who can turn down all of that good homecooking? :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow! I'm following you now too. I love your blog! Can't wait to read more!