First, a snapshot of my 2012 wrapping motif. This is probably one of my favorite things about the Holidays each year and I was so excited to have fun with it again. Generally, I spend a lot of time picking out a color theme and accessories, but this year I went with some different 'North Pole Packages'. Utilizing brown packaging paper, green yarn, red stamps and tags found on Brooklyn Limestone, I created a basic, but fun wrapping theme!
Christmas morning was spent with my parents where Drew started off the morning putting baby Jesus in his manger and opening his stocking just as I did there in my youth.
Then after enoying some egg nog and my mothers banana bread, it was on to opening gifts. Drew loved to unwrap each package, but was more interested in putting every single piece of paper into the trash bag instead of what was actually inside the package. The process was painstakingly slow, but alas we eventually got through each and every package from my side of the family.
Post nap, it was on to Derek's side of the family where he had another stocking ready to be emptied and tons more packages ready to be opened.
It was an amazing Christmas with both sides of the family and we appreciate all of the wonderful, thoughtful gifts. I loved watching our family open the gifts we gave them, but watching Drew open his was definitely the highlight for me. I have to admit, however, that my favorite part of the day had to have been when the pumpkin pie came out (for the 2nd time that day). We decided to let Drew enjoy his share of pumpkin pie on the couch with his daddy and grandpa.
He ate as much as his little stomach could hold until he was about to burst. And then, the best picture-perfect moment I could have imagined happened when his belly popped out of his shirt and he sunk back into the couch. Too bad I only had my iPhone, but you get the idea...
I hope all of your bellies were filled just as much as your hearts were this Christmas!






Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas and the picture of a full baby is just priceless!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures! I love the wrapping too. So traditional and creative at the same time:)
ReplyDeleteI love the tradition of placing Jesus in the manger on Christmas Day. That belly picture is priceless!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh . . . .love so much about this, I will bullet point though
ReplyDelete-the wrapping, adorable and so different!
-Drew eating pumpkin pie with the guys
-Drew passed out
Glad you had a great Christmas!
Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteLove the wrapping! You are so creative!
And Drew with the pie...OMG! :)
Great pictures, I love the wrapping!! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful wrapping! And the last picture is too funny!
ReplyDeleteThe wrapping theme is great! I love the three generation eating pumpkin pie picture!
ReplyDeleteoh man the pictures of them eating is so funny!
ReplyDeleteYou did an amazing job wrapping!
Looks like a super fun day! Haha I love the pic of his little belly :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a busy and fun day! That picture of his little belly hanging out is just too much, lol! I haven't even gotten my pics on the computer yet, lol! I'll get there!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the boys eating the pie has to be framed!! SO CUTE
ReplyDeleteWhat a great time! I love the wrapping job for those presents!
ReplyDeletehehe that last picture is too cute!
ReplyDelete