12.23.2012

A Look Through The Years


I broke out the external hard drive this week to find some pictures for my mother-in-law and came across some old pictures of Derek and myself. I thought it would be fun to share a few from the pre-blogging days so we could all have a good laugh.
Wanna see them?

Ok so I've already shared our very first pictures taken together herebut here are a few more of our favorite blasts from the past....
Fall 2003
July 2004
Christmas 2005
Summer 2006
Summer 2007
Fall 2007
Fall 2008
February 2009




And here we are, just a month ago. 

Did you notice how Derek's hair has remained completely unchanged whereas mine has gone from short to long to blond to dark brown to straight to curly. And yes, we were both heavier in the past (we're at a combined 65 lbs lower than our all-time highs!). Thankfully, we are just much healthier than any picture above and despite knowing how life can get crazy with children, I'm hoping we can stay in shape for decades to come. 

A lot has changed with us in the past 10 years, but one thing hasn't and that's our love for each other. {Cue sappy violin music} Unwavering and stronger than it's ever been, we consider ourselves lucky to have found the other.

Through thick and thin, he is my other half.








9 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love looking back at old pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful couple:)! We've been together since high school and when we stumble across our high school, and even college, pictures we have a blast:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos! I look back on pics of Hubby and I from when we first got together and I'm always amazed at how much we have changed.
    Hope you all have a beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fun to look back over older couple photos! You guys look fantastic and in all the pics over the years you can really tell that your love just jumps rights off the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I love "looking back" pics. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the walk through the past. And even if you guys were +65lbs in some of the younger pictures, you still looked amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That being said, we are kinda in the opposite position right now. D'oh! I'm sure that will change soon enough.

      Delete