Here it goes!
1.) What makes Christmas such a special holiday for you and your family?
Oh lawdhavemercy. Can I just answer with 'everything'? Family, food, giving, the spirit, pumpkin spice latte's, snow, tons of days off work, etc etc etc. I absolutely love the magic of this time of year and countdown the months every year. Definitely something that has always made it special is the Christmas Eve service at my church. Derek and I have attended for 17+ years (even though we didn't meet until 10 years ago) with our families and I've only missed one Christmas Eve service. I was 38 weeks pregnant and couldn't fly back to KC that year!
2.) Were you told the truth about Santa Claus by your parents or did you find out another way? And...do you plan on lying to your kids (if you have them or plan on having them)?
What? Santa isn't real? I've always loved the Polar Express and how it really relates to adults too basically saying you don't have to believe in Santa specifically, but just his spirit and what he stands for. I think I found out at school and I plan on raising my children how I was raised. Even when we 'knew', we still had presents from Santa and believed in his spirit.
3.) Real tree or fake tree?
We always grew up with a real tree. Derek and I had fake until this year and I plan to always have real until we're too old to deal with them!
4.) Do you open presents on Christmas morning, Christmas Eve, or both?
We would always beg to open something on Christmas Eve as children and I like the idea of opening one gift that evening. But Christmas morning, it was always stockings first then presents.
5.) What is your favorite Christmas movie to watch and Favorite Christmas song to sing or listen to?
The movie is a tie between Love Actually and Elf. As for song, I have a tie there also. Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas" and Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas". But trust me, I love them all. I've been known to even listen to Christmas music in the summer!
And here's the 5 bloggers I'm going to tag:
Michelle at Step By Step. Oooh Baby (only cause she's a real life bestie and she has to play!)
Rachel over at Wade's World
Desiree at The Macke Monologues
Lauren at Are We There Yet
Marcie over at The Morris Family Blog
And you know I can't write a post without including a picture....

So handsome!!
ReplyDeleteMy parents still do Santa for us and we are 28 and 31!
I just came across your blog! I would love for you to check out mine, maybe we can follow each other?
ReplyDelete-wHiT
omg love the picture!!
ReplyDeleteThat picture.... I just died. Freakin' LOVE it!!
ReplyDeleteGoing to have to start thinking of all the marvelous traditions that surround this holiday. Thanks for the tag!
Hey Sarah ~ I am so excited that you joined in the fun and continued the tradition.
ReplyDeleteThis was a tag I created over at Raising Reagan :)
Would love it if you would leave a link to this post over on the comments section of my blog so others that have participated can come and find you and say hi also!
http://raising-reagan.com/2012/11/29/tag-youre-it-christmas-style/
xoxo
Lanaya
www.raising-reagan.com
Oh my goodness I love that photo!
ReplyDeleteI always (okay I still do) begged to open at least one present on Christmas Eve. But my parents always said no! It's a bummer at that time but it's always more fun on Christmas morning to have them all!
ReplyDeleteWell, if he doesn't look like a darling Scottish Little One in that cap and cable knit sweater!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah. I love Mariah Carey's christmas songs!!!! you can't help but sing along. Thanks for stopping by. I'm now your newest fan!!!
ReplyDeleteWe watched Love Actually and Elf this weekend :) It was a great movie weekend that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteI did a 'Liebster Post' and it ended up being really similar to this post. More like tagging other blogs and doing a brief Q&A format. I'm not really sure how the Liebster thing works, but it's a great way to get to know the 'brains behind the blog' :)
Check out my post if you want. I'm following along with your blog now!
http://allmylovemommy.blogspot.ca/2012/12/brains-behind-blog.html
What a handsome boy in a dapper outfit! :)
ReplyDeleteWe watched Love Actually this weekend. I still cry every time!
How sweet is he?!!?!? Love that picture!
ReplyDeleteIs this your little boy?
ReplyDeleteHow adorable. I love his little sweater and
hat. He looks like a real Pip.:)
Just too much cuteness in one lil' guys picture, love it! The layers are so perfect!
ReplyDelete