As much as I love driving up to Lawrence each home KU basketball game, five straight years of doing this has taken it's toll.... especially Monday through Friday. It's sort of an "internal struggle" you could say. On one hand, there are so many people who would LOVE to have tickets to every KU basketball and I'm SO grateful that we've been this fortunate. On the other hand, we've driven up to Lawrence probably 70-80 times in the past 4 years for home games and it's slightly starting to feel redundant. Don't get me wrong! I still get tears in my eyes at the video before each game and love the feeling of singing the Rock Chalk Chant at the end of a game we just won, but Derek and I are both also excited to have more evenings back to just relax!
That being said, these next three weeks are GREAT as there isn't another home basketball game during the week until 12/30! That means three straight weeks of planning my evenings how I want it instead of around each basketball game in Lawrence. Needless to say, December will be a good month.
PS - Matt - if you read this, I'm still your biggest fan regardless of where we watch the games! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment